GARDENA California 90248-4424
The International Right of Way Association (IRWA) is a global, member-led organization of dedicated professionals within the right of way industry. Established in 1934 as a not-for-profit association, IRWA”s purpose has always been to improve people”s quality of life through infrastructure development.
IRWA provides invaluable connections through its network of over 7,000 members across 15 countries. The Association actively promotes career growth through education and credentialing opportunities. Recognized as a leading education provider in the industry, IRWA elevates right of way professionals to make a powerful difference in their communities.
As the Accounting Clerk, you will assist the CFO with monthly and annual financials, and support multiple departments (A/R, A/P, Accreditation, Administrative, etc.) as needed. You will be expected to review accounting transactions for Chapters and Regions along with assist member services and manage and maintain the Chapter Incentive Program.
To be successful, you should have:
- Some college preferred (in accounting field)
- Solid communication skills, with proficiency in speaking and writing
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Work proactively and adhere to a deadline driven schedule.
- Ability to sit at a desk, answer phones, and work on a computer for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
Your responsibilities as the Accounting Clerk:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department. This includes The Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer and the International Executive Committee.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations
- Provide support for IRWA”s annual audit
- Review out-going and incoming checks
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Assist with Chapters annual taxes
- Assist with course administration issues.
- Process payments for course and membership
- Control Inventory
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- On-site support for Annual Education Conference (payments, registration, etc.)
- Attend staff and other scheduled business meetings, assist with marketing efforts and events
- Answer phones.
- Check mail when requested and forward to appropriate departments.
- Plan and assist with special events (holiday events, IEC meetings, etc.).
- Assist colleagues as needed.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed.
We value our employees” time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person”s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Share This Job