We are seeking an ambitious Assistant Controller to become a vital part at a growing nutraceutical company. In this leadership role, you will manage an accounting and ERP department. As the Assistant Controller, you will assist the Controller in planning and directing all operational accounting functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. Working with our company, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate, and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility.
To succeed, you should have:
- BSc in Accounting
- Certification (CPA or CMA)
- 5-8 years of experience, preferably in public accounting (Auditing) and private accounting
- Superior data analytics skills with various ERP systems
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
Your responsibilities as the Assistant Controller will include:
- Ensure timely financial reporting
- Ensure cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals and handle daily cash management
- Perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities working closely with the executive team and owners to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Prepare and analyze written accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Continually improve policies, procedures, controls, and best practice methodologies
- Research, prepare, and execute accounting department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements
- Present owners and board members with monthly financial reports necessary to efficiently manage the Company
- Guide all operations of the accounting department, including accounts payable, order to cash, and payroll
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package, including paid time off, 401(K), medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as vital principles in all their work with clients and communities. They welcome and encourage applications from visible minority groups members, indigenous persons, members of the LGBTQ community, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the diversity of the organization and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Share This Job