Associate Business Analyst
Associate Business Analyst
Kingwood Texas 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why? As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services. Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Associate Business Analyst
We are currently seeking a Associate Business Analyst to join our team.
Acts as a business and technology process facilitator within an Agile environment, guides technology solutions through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), manages moderately complex assignments, analyzes problems, and generates effective solutions used in software applications.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Participates in visioning, strategic planning and reengineering of technology related processes.
- Works to ensure product quality through development of clear, concise acceptance criteria, ensuring that requirements can be tested in quantifiable means, use of acceptance criteria to develop comprehensive test cases, obtaining business approval for the delivery of successfully tested software, and demonstration of the development products to the business and/or facilitation of user acceptance testing.
- Works closely with customers to identify business objectives and needs, provide guidance for strategic planning and software application vision, elicit business requirements, assist in refining business cases, analyze production issues to facilitate resolution, recommend appropriate business process enhancements, encourage customers to own, define, and validate their own requirements, and communicate and translate technology concerns and recommendations as related to the solution.
- Works closely with the technology team to recommend technology solutions to appropriately address business needs, communicate and translate business needs to the technology team as related to the solution, create prototypes or mock-ups of business solutions, and collaborate during the entire SDLC.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance team to identify and validate comprehensive test scenarios for the solution, create test cases to support the test scenarios, collaborate in early testing of solutions and upgrades, coordinate software testing at all levels, and track, report upon, and work with the team to prioritize defects.
- Works with the entire team to identify and mitigate business and technical risks.
- Works with the team to define work item scope and change management guidelines.
- Works with the entire team to develop project/product vision and scope.
- Analyzes and effectively communicates test results to the appropriate parties.
- Anticipates and identifies issues inhibiting the attainment of project goals and helps to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Acts as a project coordinator to provide feedback to the team, assist in the integration of activities with other teams to ensure successful implementation and support of project/product efforts, and acquire necessary application environments for software development and testing.
- Assists in defining standards, processes, and tools for the business analysis role.
- Fosters teamwork with IT staff through positive communications.
- Mentors other business analysis personnel and team members on the use of standard business analysis principles, business domain knowledge, and business and technical processes.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Six months professional experience is desired.
- Possesses originality, ingenuity, aptitude and strong knowledge of the business analysis field in order to complete moderately complex assignments, effectively analyze problems and generate working solutions.
- Possesses clear understanding of business processes and value propositions and able to provide strategic guidance to project teams.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels, and possesses a strong desire to succeed as a team.
- Displays adaptability in an ever changing software development environment.
- Understands and applies business and technical processes to support expected customer service levels.
- Possesses an understanding of the SDLC.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of business and technical modeling methodologies (e.g. business process modeling, data modeling).
- Demonstrates competency in data analysis and abilities to perform SQL queries to support analysis.
- Ability to command control of a problem and help organize resources and knowledge to attain solutions.
- Exhibits confidence, creativity, and knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Explores and experiments with new concepts and is able to communicate innovative ideas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate tactfully and effectively, express technical concepts in business terms, and maintain positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possesses strong facilitation skills related to meetings and team interaction.
- Possesses proven customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and has good organizational skills.
- Possesses an understanding of the concepts of:
- Application programming,
- Database design,
- System design,
- Internet, Intranet, Extranet architectures,
- Client/server architectures.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $67,400 – $76,200.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job