Associate Director of Marketing
Associate Director of Marketing
Associate Director of Marketing
Our client has a bold plan to save the world’s coral reefs and to do this, and they’re seeking an experienced strategic data-driven marketing and communications leader to help them spread the word. As the Associate Marketing Director, you will lead the team responsible for driving engagement and growing support from the community of donors, partners, scientists, NGOs, and other constituents who believe in their mission.
In this role, you will build on the organization’s brand, developing a multi-faceted marketing and communications program that educates, engages, and inspires action amongst various audiences. As the Associate Marketing Director, you will be expected to craft compelling messages that align with their organizational strategies and expertly deliver messages through different marketing channels. You will work collaboratively with the organization’s Programs, Development, and Executive teams and liaise with key members of the Board of Directors to develop and amplify their messages. Working with various consultants and vendors, you will ensure that work is executed to a high standard.
To thrive as the Associate Director of Marketing, you need to have:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in communications, marketing, PR, or journalism
· At least five years of marketing/communications experience, preferably in an environmental field
· Experience developing and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies that delineate clear goals and measurable results
· Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines
· Experience managing third-party consultants, print vendors, and volunteers and/or interns
· Ability to write clearly, persuasively and effectively; immaculate proofreading and editing skills; strong attention to detail
· Experience developing branding campaigns to build support among donors and partners
· Proficiency with various marketing, project management, and analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce Account Engagement (formerly Pardot), and Asana
· A self-starter who can work independently and manage up, across, and down
· Positive, resourceful, and a good sense of humor
It would be best if you have the ability to:
· Manage all aspects of an ongoing integrated marketing campaign, understanding how to prioritize programs, measure success, manage internal and external resources, and make critical tradeoffs to manage the budget and expectations and achieve results properly
· Grow and nurture the brand by defining and overseeing the voice and visual identity of the organization and using storytelling to engage our audiences in our vital work
· Use data to inform decisions about how, where, and why we should invest in various marketing initiatives
· Create and manage our marketing assets to scale our reach across channels
· Cultivate the community, and bolster support for our programmatic goals
You also must have:
· A passion for the organization’s mission and values
· A creative knack for weaving content into compelling stories that motivate giving and partnership
· A creative and resourceful working style
· A demonstrated ability to manage up, across, and down
· Excellent project management skills with experience coordinating work across multiple consultants and vendors.
Our client requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Develop and implement a Marketing Plan to support development growth, brand, partnerships, and programming. Including responsibility for:
o Content marketing and social media
o Paid digital marketing
o Email marketing
o Public relations
o Partner cause marketing
· Collaborate with Development staff to deliver an effective lead nurture campaign to capture leads and convert them to annual donors
· Achieve brand consistency across all marketing efforts
· Determine the marketing plan for advancing the organization’s programmatic goals
· Manage and track the performance of all marketing and communications efforts and report on measurable metrics to the Development and Marketing team, leadership, and Board of Directors.
· Partner with Executive Director on internal communications
· Manage project timelines and support budget development and management
Best in Class Benefits:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $80K – $100K annually, commensurate with experience, and an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, 401K match, paid vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
More About Our Client:
Our client is a non-profit environmental NGO with a mission to save the world’s coral reefs. They work collaboratively with communities to reduce direct threats to reefs in ways that provide long-term benefits to people and wildlife. In parallel, they are actively expanding the scientific understanding of how corals adapt to climate change and applying this information to give reefs the best chance to thrive for generations to come. This combined expertise uniquely positions them to achieve their mission by rallying the conservation community around scalable and effective solutions for coral reefs.
Our client’s team is dedicated, passionate, and outcome oriented. The values of collaboration, adaptability, commitment, science, and optimism guide their work. They have 31 team members across the United States and project sites in Hawai`i, Mexico, Belize, and Honduras. Governed by an 11-member Board of Directors and supported by a flourishing group of conservation leaders and donors, our client’s annual budget has grown to $5.0M.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job