Background Check Specialist
Background Check Specialist
Kingwood Texas 77339-2065
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services. Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
BACKGROUND CHECK SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for consulting and providing support and guidance to recruiters, supervisors, managers and client owners regarding FCRA compliance, EEOC guidance and recommendations, and local/state/federal law as it applies to background checks.
• Consults and provides support and “best practices” guidance to Insperity recruiters, field service teams, supervisors, managers, in addition to client HR Representatives, managers/directors, and client officers/owners regarding compliance with FCRA, EEOC, and local/state/federal law as it applies to the use of background checks in hiring/retention decisions.
• Manages background check process for Insperity client companies.
• Monitors online progress of each request, reviews for missing information, and validates the authenticity of all requests. Assists Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) in researching missing information with assistance from the recruiter/applicant and client, as necessary.
• Acts as liaison to research and provide answers to questions surrounding FCRA, EEOC, and local/state/federal law as it applies to background checks.
• Communicates with client companies as to recommended checks to be conducted based on client business needs. Monitors and reviews questionable results with clients and provides hiring/retention recommendations based on background check results.
• Interfaces with Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA), managers, supervisors, recruiters, and Insperity Legal department to interpret and report background check results. Responsible for administrative compliance with FCRA, EEOC, and local/state/federal regulations.
• Works directly with CRA support staff to ensure service level agreements are being met.
• Manages assigned group email monitoring and other assigned team duties.
• Compiles information necessary to produce the HR Administrative Compliance COE monthly numbers and submits it in established time frames
• Assists other team members as needed to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
• Two to four years of experience in Human Resources or Corporate Security is required.
• Two or more years of experience adjudicating background check results for employment decisions or compiling reports for a Consumer Reporting Agency or Third-Party Administrator is strongly preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
No licenses or certifications are required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Principles, practices, and procedures of general business including knowledge of FCRA, EEOC, and local/state/federal regulations regarding the use of background check results in the hiring/retention decision, including “Green Factors” and requirements of an EEOC-mandated Individualized Assessment
• Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures, equipment, business letter writing, and filing. Ability to type from clear, straight copy at 50 wpm.
• Familiar with computer applications including Microsoft Office and database programs with the ability to learn new software as needed.
• Effective customer service skills and able to maintain a professional demeanor yet remain assertive with clients regarding compliance issues.
• Communicates tactfully and effectively, both verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment;
• Able to work efficiently and effectively under narrow time constraints, strong attention to detail, and able to work independently under moderate supervision.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job