Bilingual Medical Assistant – Phoenix Vascular Access Office
Bilingual Medical Assistant – Phoenix Vascular Access Office
PHOENIX Arizona 85012
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation’s largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com.
This Bilingual Medical Assistant performs general medical support for the care and treatment of patients and general clerical duties to assist all office personnel as directed. This person may be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites, as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform patient care activities, such as front & back office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, suture removals, schedule procedures and provide patient education.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height; and update medication list; record information in patients’ charts/EMR.
- Notify physician of changes in patient’s clinical status and/or abnormal test results.
- Collect wound culture samples and process specimens for courier transport.
- Monitor and optimize allotted time slots in all schedules utilizing the available programs/reports.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data input, answering phones and general support to all office personnel and vascular & ancillary team.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and prioritize and complete day to day activities.
- Maintain office equipment, office, and medical supplies through efficient inventory management.
- Process Vascular Access Reports.
- Updates and keeps current AKDHC EMR programs related to access information.
- Process No show reports; follow up with patients and/or primary care physicians as needed.
- Monitor open encounters, ensuring physician review and signature, process missing slips.
- Process medical record requests for patients, referring physician offices and attorneys by adhering to HIPAA regulations to ensure HPI.
- Adheres to strict patient and corporate confidentiality.
- Keeps supervisor and team informed on any patient issues, and overall opportunities for improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Two years related experience and/or training preferred
- Certificates and Licenses: Medical Assistant Certificate or a diploma showing successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program through an accredited institution preparing Medical Assistants for the work
- Language Ability: Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish and English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10″s and 100″s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Athena, DocTalk and Office software and minimum data entry rate equivalent to 35 words per minute.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job