Chief People Officer
Chief People Officer
Charlotte North Carolina
Thompson is seeking Chief People Officer to join our growing team.
Thompson is a leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across North Carolina. The Charlotte, N.C.-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency changes the lives of at-risk children and families through early childhood services, family stability programs, and mental health treatment. Thompson is growing now with locations and services that stretch from Wilmington to Asheville.
Thompson offers several benefits as part of our competitive employee package:
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short/long term insurance, 401k retirement, PTO.
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency.
- High-quality technology for staff, including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Monthly gym membership
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
- Salary of $120,000.00-$150,000.00 annually(depending on experience).
As the Chief People Officer (CPO), you will lead the organization’s People Operations as a member of the Executive Leadership Team. You will be expected to set and oversee the execution of the organization’s overall people strategy. You will manage every aspect of the employee experience, from onboarding new hires to offboarding departing employees. It’s your job to ensure the organization can attract, develop, and retain the right talent. You will also work with the executive team and senior management to ensure that HR’s priorities fit together seamlessly to meet business needs and departmental goals.
Your responsibilities as the CPO will include:
- Ensure HR initiatives are aligned with business needs by working closely with other departments.
- Ensure the business benefits from the services of external stakeholders by working with external vendors, such as payroll providers and benefit providers, to ensure that services are delivered on time.
- Support the overall business objectives by developing and implementing appropriate strategies.
- Manage the whole People Operations service delivery value chain by ensuring that all areas of People Operations create value for the business: including recruitment, training, employee relations, compensation and benefits, and performance management.
- Support initiatives to increase staff morale by developing and maintaining effective relationships with all levels of staff, from entry-level employees to senior executives.
- Maintain good relationships with stakeholders by engaging them more frequently.
- Source the best talent for the company by supervising the recruitment process.
- Oversee employee relations activities such as resolving disputes, coaching and guiding disciplinary actions, providing counseling services, and responding to employee grievances.
- Align employees’ compensation to business needs by developing competitive compensation plans.
- Develop benefits structures that attract the right talent by assessing the efficacy of benefits programs such as health insurance, retirement plans, vacation time, sick leave, etc., ensuring that they comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to human resources.
- Recommend improvements in how People Operations can add more value to the business by monitoring trends in best practices and recommending changes or modifications when necessary.
To thrive, you should have:
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the human resources field.
- 3+ years’ leadership experience.
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, or SHRM) meets the department’s credentialing, licensing, and privileging standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business administration, or any related field; a Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A valid Driver’s License.
Thompson seeks to maintain an inclusive, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. No calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job