Collections Representative (Remote)
Collections Representative (Remote)
MIDDLETOWN PA US 17057-3111
Collections Representative – Remote
$16-$20 per hour, DOE plus 401K and healthcare
About Our Client:
Our client seeks to help small, community-owned credit unions in big ways.
Within their network, not-for-profit credit unions collaborate when such collaboration helps them save money or improve business outcomes through network scale. Our client collaborates to invest in sustainability at a scale impossible for a single credit union alone – all while the credit unions remain fiercely independent banking co-ops.
At its apex, the credit union movement counted over 20,000 mostly small, local credit unions. Today, fewer than 6,000 remain. The tragic loss of many community-centric financial institutions, many of which were founded by the under resourced during the depression, erodes America’s ability to serve the communities that span our country. Especially now. We all see it. Our families face too much financial stress, not helped by some of the behaviors of the very large banks. As cooperatively owned financial service firms, credit unions are doing what they were created to do – help to bring financial security and dignity to us all.
Our client works daily to sustain small, community credit unions. That is their mission.
As the Collections Representative, you will be responsible for the handling of delinquent accounts and making recommendations to management for possible legal action or charge-off.
Our client’s philosophy is centered around an approach that’s different than the stigma they generally see attached to a typical collections process. Using early intervention, scripting, and pattern recognition, as well as employee empowerment to monitor and collect on delinquent loan accounts our client strives to help, educate, and assist members in being more financially successful in the future.
Our Client Provides For You:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive pay of $16-$20 per hour, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including 401K plan, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To Be Successful, You:
- Have clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are extremely comfortable talking on the phone
- Do not panic when using technology, meaning you can successfully navigate computer programs and leverage help materials when you don’t know how to do something
- Accept and respond well to feedback, meaning you’re willing to admit and own mistakes and adjust performance accordingly Internet access sufficient for remote work
- Are resourceful, but also ask for help when you need it.
- Are inherently empathetic with an innate belief in service and instinct to help others, you’re a listener who can then respond with clarity
- Have humility to listen and follow others’ good ideas and tactics.
- Strive to improve and gain expertise
- Can criticize and accept criticism while assuming the best of your colleagues
- Have initiative and curiosity for solving problems
- Are interest in improving existing workflows and desire to contribute to improving outcomes.
- Have community-mindedness. Cooperative spirit demonstrated in personal and professional life.
It Would Be Nice If You Have:
- Associate / Bachelor’s] degree in Business/Finance or related field (or) equivalent combination of formal training and experience
- Experience collecting
- Experience with the Credit Union Industry
Your Responsibilities As A Collections Representative:
- While working with members of the partner credit unions our client leverages empathy to prevent, mitigate, and resolve losses caused by delinquency and charged-off loans to owner credit unions
- Maintains a strong partnership with your manager and in turn the credit unions in the network. Establishes and maintains clear communication with credit unions so that credit unions are kept informed of issues, progress, and risks within the collection process for their respective portfolios
- Adheres to all state and federal debt collection regulations, as well as credit union policies
- Establishes and maintains a clear understanding of how to use all service providers necessary to execute specific functions of the collection process. These include but are not limited to legal services, repossession services, appraisal services, foreclosure services, and skip tracing services.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Share This Job