Commercial Loan Officer Assistant
Commercial Loan Officer Assistant
Memphis TN US 38104
At Liberty Bank, we’re passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There’s real freedom here – the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we’re making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
We work hard. Play hard. Invest where our heart lives. And pursue freedom for all.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you’ll find that there’s freedom here – for our customers and for you.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company’s bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
The Commercial Loan Officer Assistant assists Lenders with servicing existing and new commercial client relationships and will have direct contact with customers on a regular basis.
- Works directly with commercial lending staff on loan origination, approval and closing process.
- Orders necessary documents to initiate loan approvals, such as appraisals, title policies, environmental reports, etc.
- Creates, maintains, organizes, and updates credit and appraisal files.
- Reviews approved loan requests/documents and boards loan on core system.
- Processes loan payments, lines of credit advances, outgoing wires, and other transactions for Lenders.
- Maintains loan maturity and expiring commitment reports and coordinates with Lenders on the timely renewal of both.
- Works closely with Credit Administration throughout the loan documentation, loan closing, and loan booking processes.
- Begins the loan renewal process by requesting financial records from the borrower, such as a business loan application, current personal financial statements, tax returns (personal and business), rent rolls/leases, and year to date P&L information if applicable.
- Inputs, scans, and organizes customer business loan information (tax returns, personal financial statements, etc.) and prepares for loan processing.
- Obtains CIP information (LLC operating agreements, membership listing, certificates of good standing and corporate records) on an as needed basis.
- Orders title commitments, appraisal, environmental reports, and construction inspection reports through Credit Administration.
- Prepares loan documentation request (LDR) write-up to commence the loan documentation process. Organizes final loan closing with lending officer, customer, and the title company.
- May be asked to coordinate loan closings while interacting with third parties, such as attorneys and other closing agents.
- Assists Lenders with loan documentation to minimize documentation exceptions.
- Eliminates loan documentation exceptions in a timely manner.
- Removes collateral exceptions by obtaining final title policies, insurance certificates and proof of real estate tax payments.
- Prepares various internal reports, memos, and correspondence, as well as maintaining detailed files.
- Provides oversight of loan delinquency reports for Lenders, and where appropriate, contacts borrower for late payments and notifies Lender of any collection issues.
- May schedule appointments and act as liaison between Lenders and customers.
- Opens new accounts for business clients on behalf of Lenders.
- Acts as administrative support for Lenders, including being the back-up for voice mail messages, handling customer requests for wire transfers, ordering appraisals, working with title companies/attorneys.
- Any other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; three to five years related experience, preferably in Commercial Lending, banking, credit administration, and/or administrative assistant; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to organize and effectively prioritize multiple tasks in support of commercial lender team, while providing exceptional service to Bank customers.
- Willingness to become familiar with Liberty Bank’s loan policies and procedures, as well as the loan approval and booking process.
- Ability to remain professional under tight deadlines and multiple demands.
- Must be able to acquire information from multiple resources and meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Fiserv Premier Navigator is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic office equipment including the copier, fax machine, and computer.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That’s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.
We also do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job