San Antonio Texas 78238
Communications Manager (Hybrid)
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) is a national membership organization representing 200 nonprofits that serve diverse Latino communities in 45 states, Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico. With offices in San Antonio, TX, and DC, we are a Grantmaker and US Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). We support our members through training, funding, policy advocacy, and resources to amplify the impact of their programs and services. Working together, the NALCAB network is able to effect real change.
NALCAB Network members invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues including credit building and homeownership.
NALCAB strengthens the economy by advancing economic mobility in Latino communities.
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications Manager to join our Communications & Membership team in producing high-quality content and messaging that will help further our work to advance economic prosperity and equity for Latino communities across the US. If you take pride in your work, are detail oriented, and are a creative problem solver, this job may be just the fit for you.
Under the direct supervision of NALCAB’s Director of Communications, the Communications Manager will work on the development and production of a wide variety of internal and external communications, marketing, and design projects to advance NALCAB’s brand, reputation, and digital media presence.
To be successful, you should have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field; or 5 years of relevant work experience
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
· Knowledge of the latest communications, marketing, and social media trends
· Outstanding writing and editing skills
· Experience with graphic design principles and layout in both print and digital formats
· Experience with Canva and Adobe products such as Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge of marketing e-mail programs like MailChimp, Survey Monkey, etc.
· Knowledge of website content management system (WordPress)
· Ability to follow up on tasks and projects with minimal supervision
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet short deadlines, and work under pressure
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, NALCAB management, members, outside agencies, and contract service providers
· Bilingual (English, Spanish) a plus.
As a Communications Manager, you will:
· Work with the Communications & Membership team to provide day-to-day management of communications and marketing efforts that support NALCAB’s programs, initiatives, special projects, and membership program
· Create, design, and schedule content for a website, newsletters, email marketing, reports, impact stories, press releases, presentations, online surveys, and other deliverables
· Plan and coordinate scheduling, optimization, and tracking for NALCAB’s social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
· Support NALCAB member organizations by showcasing and promoting their work as well as communicating opportunities and resources they can utilize
· Track and monitor news outlets and social media for stories and posts related to NALCAB’s work and the work of our member organizations
· Review, edit, and prepare projects and deliverables to guarantee all content is publication-ready
· Assist with managing outside consultants and their contracts
· Conduct research for fact sheets and other promotional collateral
· Update the NALCAB website as needed (WordPress) to include working with a web designer on structural changes and analyzing metrics such as Google Analytics
· Support the creation and implementation of a strategic marketing/public relations plan that will grow NALCAB’s brand awareness, increase media coverage and press opportunities, and expand outreach to external audiences and key public officials and funders
· Assist with virtual events and training as needed as well as the annual National Conference
· Support NALCAB staff organization-wide with marketing and design assistance, expertise, and guidance in a timely manner
· Proactively identify best practices, opportunities, and new initiatives to help enhance NALCAB’s communications efforts and better serve our membership network
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $50,000 – $57,000 based on experience and credentials and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Additionally, we work diligently to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow within the company.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://insperity.avature.net/careers/JobDetails?jobId=15016
NALCAB is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NALCAB believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Share This Job