Compliance Analyst – Retirement Services
Compliance Analyst – Retirement Services
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a Compliance Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for compliance related tasks associated with 401(k) plan administration, including, but not limited to reviewing payroll and 401(k) plan data used for nondiscrimination testing and government form reporting, performing required nondiscrimination testing, completion of IRS Form 5500, providing audit packages and audit support during client plan audits, reviewing domestic relations orders, calculating minimum required distributions, creating plan adoption agreements, amendments and associated communications, and coordination of client communications.
Essential FunctionsUnder moderate supervision and moderate decision–making:
- Reviews and analyzes payroll and 401(k) data, as well as annual controlled group and nondiscrimination testing questionnaire to timely prepare and perform all ERISA testing with completeness and accuracy.
- Performs annual and interim ERISA nondiscrimination testing of Insperity individual 401(k) plans.
- Prepares IRS Form 5500, required schedules, audit packages and acts as client and auditor point of contact during annual plan audits.
- Performs retirement benefit calculations and allocations, including profit sharing, top heavy minimum, employer matching and annual adjustment allocations assuring that the allocation satisfies all nondiscrimination requirements.
- Analyzes prior plan documents, company ownership and compliance testing reports on client sponsored plans, to the extent necessary to perform transition year tasks (nondiscrimination testing, Form 5500, etc.).
- Reviews domestic relations order for qualified status as described under ERISA, including required participant and alternate payee communications.
- Monitors and calculates required minimum distributions to participants over age 70 1/2 as required under the terms of the plan.
- Provides compliance related support to all members of Insperity Retirement Services, Insperity Client Services, Insperity Contact Center and Insperity clients.
- Monitors payment of required employer contributions and excise tax payments due.
- Prepares plan adoption agreements, amendments and required participant communications.
- Prepares all client communications relative to compliance work performed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or other related field is preferred.
- Two to four years of experience in retirement plan administration field is preferred.
- Solid understanding of 401(k) plan administration, including nondiscrimination testing and Form 5500 preparation.
- Experience with one or more of Relius Documents, ASC Documents, 5500 and Compliance Testing, and OmniPlus or other industry recognized recordkeeping system.
- Some knowledge of multiple employer plans, and/or the professional employer organization (PEO) industry, as well as controlled group rules a plus.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to multi–task and prioritize various tasks and regulatory deadlines.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, with Access knowledge a plus.
- Strong aptitude with balancing and reconciling financial activity.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job