Custom Sales Order Coordinator- Remote
Custom Sales Order Coordinator- Remote
Customer Sales Order Coordinator (Remote)
Who is our client?
Our client is a small and growing food business with a manufacturing and fulfillment facility in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and a remote admin team that works from a variety of locales. They produce monthly curated cocktail kits (think Blue Apron for craft cocktails) and ship them all over the country. Their small-ish, dedicated team is focused on continuing to responsibly grow the company and create fun, unique products while maintaining their high-quality standards. They pride themselves on running an ethical company that strives to source quality products from other small and medium-sized companies, donates both money and products to charity, and treats people with dignity and respect (both staff and customers). Client experience is of the utmost importance to them and they strive to make it the absolute best there is.
Who are you?
A dedicated, detail-oriented, and self-motivated problem solver who’s interested in building something alongside us. A strong foundation of emotional intelligence, stellar communication, and exceptional organizational skills, along with a desire to forge authentic client and partner relationships, are a must. Ideally, you’re a grounded team player, able to roll with the punches when things don’t go as planned. You’re attuned and perceptive, always listening/observing, able to retain a plethora of information, to identify the core of an issue quickly, and to offer solutions. Versatility and flexibility will definitely help-you enjoy wearing multiple hats and juggle various tasks with ease. Our company and products are deceptively complex because there are so many variables and moving parts, and we’d really like to find someone who is great with details, understands nuance, catches their own errors as well as others’, thinks creatively, and can manage lots of disparate information simultaneously. Being comfortable with being mid-process rather than expecting everything to be perfectly set will help you thrive in this role.
What will you be doing?
As part of a small but mighty, smart, and passionate team that ensures that our client’s bulk, corporate, and specialty sales experience is the best there is, you’ll engage with the many clients who contact us and whose relationships we pursue. After figuring out each client’s needs (often reading between the lines to understand how we can best be of service to them), you’ll help guide them through their personalized sales experience by presenting recommendations that fit the bill, anticipating questions and issues, and deftly mitigating potential problems. When speed bumps occur, you’ll use your sleuthing skills to help get to the bottom of what happened and what needs to happen in order to provide a resolution. You’ll communicate to clients with great clarity and suaveness regarding deadlines, costs, where there is room for flexibility, and what and how issues were resolved-or what they need to do to resolve them.
You’ll gain an intimate knowledge of the ever-changing product line (new cocktails are added every month) and will learn to provide meaningful recommendations based on budget, theme, spirit/non-alcoholic, and recipe construction parameters, along with your own sense of how recipes have been received by our broader subscriber base. You’ll liaise heavily and constantly with the executive team, as well as the shipping, production, logistics, and customer experience teams, to ensure that anything you’re about to offer or promise to a client can in fact be fulfilled. Our client is not in the business of making empty promises, so a commitment to thoroughness and integrity is a must! An interest in cocktails is not required, but at least a cursory knowledge and willingness to learn will be helpful.
This is a great job for someone looking for a somewhat flexible schedule (while a majority of the day should overlap with traditional hours, there is room for some flexibility around that), remote work in a meaningful small-business setting, and who enjoys picking out just the right gift and including a thoughtful note. You’ll work remotely but be in constant contact with the rest of the teams. Everyone is very friendly and communicative, but they’re also somewhat geographically scattered, so please keep that in mind and be comfortable regularly communicating with colleagues via Slack/video meets/phone.
Our client is looking for someone who can excel as part of our team but also individually without much of a leash. Evening and weekend hours will sometimes be required, especially mid-October through the end of December.
They have systems in place for how things work and are implementing new ones as they grow, but there’s always room for improvement, and they hope to be able to benefit from your fresh eyes and ideas (they’re always open!) while also showing you what has worked so far and what hasn’t, why, and what they need going forward to avoid repeating past mistakes.
Your responsibilities as the Customer Sales Order Coordinator will include:
- Respond to order inquiries via email, phone, video chat, and other channels in a timely manner by recognizing individual clients’ needs, to provide helpful insight and best solutions
- Arrange for outgoing orders and provide clients with tracking and carrier information along with other helpful resources to facilitate a seamless and multifaceted experience for their recipients
- Communicate using exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to recognize specific client needs on a human-to-human level, while maintaining appropriate professionalism
- Learn, maintain, and update as an administrator multiple client-related information systems to ensure accurate records, effective communication, efficient workflow, and proper confidentiality; collect and access appropriate information relevant to type of inquiry
- Assist in building detailed quotes and invoices, and collecting client payments
- Acquire detailed knowledge of product ranges, customization options, shipping options, and services to provide outstanding service
- Communicate with team members regarding your portion of tasks and keep up with what everyone else has already done and what still needs doing
- Liaise clearly and efficiently with multiple teams regarding customized orders
- Look to find and research new sales channels and assist in growing existing relationships
- Schedule bartenders for live virtual mixology experiences, hold consultation calls with clients, and otherwise help to manage our Click & Mix program
To be successful, you should have:
- A strong foundation of emotional intelligence and a willingness and desire to grow
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency with Google Docs and Sheets and experience with, or a willingness to learn, a CRM and billing software
- Outstanding time management ability and self-accountability
- High level of friendly and personable professionalism
- Enthusiasm for and love of sharing, empathy, perceptiveness, and an uncanny ability to read the room
- In your cover letter, please describe the best example of your ability to read the room
- Flexibility and ability/willingness to adapt as team goals and daily targets change and order evolve quickly
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-motivation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to catch errors, and ability to keep track of a vast array of information
- Must exhibit a true spirit of service, holding quality of experience above meeting sales targets while still working conscientiously and efficiently
- Related experience REQUIRED – particularly helpful would be as a catering captain, in the events or wedding industries, in hospitality, in nonprofit fundraising, in the arts, or in another field with directly transferable skills – please let us know exactly how/why you think your experience and skills apply
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $20-$23 per hour, depending on experience, PTO, and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job