Kingwood Texas 77339
There’s a reason Insperity is named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
This position is responsible for executing in a technical capacity on strategic direction on software development toolchain maintenance, application performance management, shared infrastructure services/frameworks, environment configuration management and support progressive change control & release management processes.
- Works / implements components of Insperity Continuous delivery automation platform.
- Participates and provides feedback on selection of DevOps tools.
- Participates in efforts that ensures critical systems, applications are online and accepting requests.
- Strives to automate everything; possesses a passion for configuration management & process improvement.
- Delivers technical solutions to evolving change control & release management requirements through implementation and roll out of best of breed DevOps tools.
- Considers consistency and process ease while configuring DevOps tools effectively for development, QA & Ops staff.
- Executes on DevOps Engineering roadmap.
- Follows best practices for DevOps Engineering group.
- Collaborates with other groups as necessary to gather input for any DevOps considerations.
- Analyzes plans, processes, policies and tools to identify and make recommendations for improvement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- Three to five years of experience in software development or at least one or more years of experience in a DevOps Engineer position is required.
- Ability to script and automate tasks.
- Experience with Windows environments and scripting languages interpreted and compiled.
- Good understanding of software development life cycles.
- Experience with DevOps practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, APM and configuration management).
- Good understanding of commercial and Open Source, products for DevOps execution.
- Good understanding of architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good software design.
- Good understanding of core application performance metrics. Experience with at least one commercial application performance monitoring tool for Microsoft stack.
- Experience with software build tools and continuous integration tools.
- Familiarity with change control processes and its impact to deploying code to production.
- Familiarity with release management processes and its impact to deploying code to production.
- Awareness of SOX controls.
- Experience with standard web servers (IIS, Apache).
- Experience with version control systems (specifically Team Foundation Server and Git), including branching and merging strategies.
- Experience of Microsoft development technologies, particularly PowerShell/ Shell scripting, .NET Framework, C# and Visual Studio Team System.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking.
- Good working experience with Configuration Management Systems.
- Good understanding of platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows or Linux.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, ability and willingness to accept a team decision.
- Maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Possesses a strong customer service attitude.
- Exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes.
- Exhibits an understanding of the utilization of patterns for repetitive problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive at identifying and recommending areas for improvement and increased reliability.
Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. The range of starting pay for this role is $90,000 – $120,000.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job