Digital Communications Manager (Remote)
Digital Communications Manager (Remote)
Washington DC US 20001
Digital Communications Manager – Remote
What you’ll do:
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is seeking a Digital Communications Manager is an integral part of the communications team responsible for designing, producing, updating, and disseminating web-based, multimedia marketing pieces and content for OTA websites, mass email communications and social media channels. The Digital Communications Manager establishes the forward-looking vision for digital marketing and communications at OTA and The Organic Center. Through collaboration with the Director of Communications and Marketing, this leader drives interactive strategy and helps bring those strategies to life. The Digital Communications Manager will coordinate the use of new media channels in a complementary role to other aspects of a comprehensive communications plan; maximize the benefits of online media channels and technology in advancing OTA/TOC overall communication goals; work collaboratively with all staff to effectively reach target audiences with priority messages; and develop and implement new tracking and reporting systems to analyze digital data and measure outreach effectiveness. They will also create, edit, and collaborate on the design and production of a broad range of goal-focused web, social media and multimedia content
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader on digital marketing strategy through digital mediums using best practices and procedures, including web content, social media, e-publications, email and mobile marketing, and general digital integration
- Maintain the OTA’s website and microsites; Serve as the association’s primary trainer of and resource for our CMS, with responsibility for ensuring that content meets high standards of editorial quality, relevance, readability, accuracy, and SEO best practices. Project manage ongoing web content development
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate OTA/TOC’s messaging and branding to the online community. Provide strategy input on digital integration opportunities
- Develop, manage, and implement OTA/TOC social media strategy.
- Create and disseminate B2B and B2C content relating to organic food and farming marketing campaigns, news updates, OTA/TOC publications and events on social media channels
- Manage OTA’s event marketing strategy including website and registration form building and email promotion to encourage registration
- Originate new approaches and ideas for building audiences and usage of all OTA/TOC digital platforms.
- Collaborate on concepts and approaches for enhancing and enriching the user experience of these media
- Manage strategy, copywriting, list generation and dissemination of email marketing and advocacy campaigns. Integrate content with related landing pages
- Lead OTA’s approach to measuring effectiveness of digital media and online activity for marketing campaigns by developing and implementing systems for digital analytics and reporting.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports of website and digital communication statistics to relevant staff via communications dashboard
- Seek new tools and programs emerging in the digital space and make recommendations to keep OTA on the forefront of interactive trends.
- Report on and utilize emerging best practices research
- Manage OTA/TOC digital and social advertising projects as they arise
- Design and implement new media projects to support trade marketing goals as directed
- Manage outside IT consultants and vendors
- What you should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience; preferably non-profit or trade association experience in the food and agriculture-related space.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or a related field
- A passion for digital marketing, emerging technologies, and relevant marketing tools to reach and engage target audiences
- Involved and engaged with the organic food and farming industry; participation and leadership in relevant organizations preferred
- A command of digital marketing best practices with an ability to incorporate them into program implementation
- Experience with digital tools including CMS, email automation, social media management, and Google Analytics; direct experience with Drupal, Pardot, and Sprout Social preferred
- Knowledge of UX design and SEO best practices
- Graphic design experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong influence and negotiation skills to convince individuals to act based on analysis/insights
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional resources
- Strong people and project management skills
What we offer you:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
About the Organic Trade Association:
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is the membership-based business association for organic agriculture and products in North America. OTA is the leading voice for the organic trade in the United States, representing over 9,500 organic businesses across 50 states. Its members include growers, shippers, processors, certifiers, farmers’ associations, distributors, importers, exporters, consultants, retailers, and others. Our member businesses work together through networking, advocacy, and other initiatives to encourage and protect organic farming practices and to share messages about the positive environmental and nutritional attributes of organic products with consumers, the media, and policymakers.
We are a connected community of innovators and pioneers working to shape the future for organic food and farming. Together, with our members, we are focused on solutions.
The Organic Trade Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status. Persons with disabilities, who require alternative means for communication of program information, should contact us.
Share This Job