Director Of Youth Residential Services
Director Of Youth Residential Services
Riverhead New York 11901
Our client believes in second chances, and they want to provide the support necessary to give second chances to troubled youth and young adults. They have two distinct branches: residential campuses whose goal is to give a second chance to young men in need, and retreat centers that provide an alcohol and tobacco-free environment for all to relax and rejuvenate.
Director of Youth Residential Services
What you’ll do:
As the Director of Youth Residential Services, you will conceptualize, evaluate, and organize the residential program. You will be expected to supervise both the clinical and supervisory staff, as well as supervise the social worker supervisors, childcare managers, campus minister/recreation coordinator, educational coordinator, general facilities staff, and student interns.
To thrive, you should have:
· 5-7 years of previous experience required.
· MSW or equivalent
· Prior working experience in residential group care for youth.
· Established experience as a leader and administrator.
· Valid NYS driver’s license.
· New York State Central Registry Child Abuse Clearance.
· Ability to operate with excellence.
· Successfully complete in-house TCI training and maintain updates.
Your responsibilities as the Director of Youth Residential Services will include:
- Read, understand, and support the Mission and Vision Statements.
- Oversee all aspects of Residential programs (Girls, Boys, Private Placements, educational, clinical, and facilities) on our New York campus.
- Overall responsibility for supervision and care of children in residential group homes.
- Makes final decisions on all admissions and discharges.
- Improve programs as needed for youth being served.
- Responsible for Intakes & Court Depositions.
- Organize and conduct staff development and training.
- Prepare annual budget in concert with Executive Director.
- Handle the adherence of all staff to NYS regulations concerning programs & reports.
- Explore and develop new programs and services when appropriate in concert with Executive Director.
- Provide weekly supervision to supervising staff.
- Provide evaluations to all supervisees.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Director about the direction of childcare staff, maintain daily contact with them, and support their efforts.
- Ability to physically respond to emergencies immediately to protect children from danger.
- Conduct group meetings as well as weekly team meetings with childcare & clinical staff.
- Perform weekly walk through with the supervisory staff of each house.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Active in community, county, and state organizations.
- Attend seminars, trainings, and educational programs when necessary to enhance skills.
- Make recommendations for hiring and terminating employees.
- Facilitation of team and staff meetings and take responsibility that the program being followed.
- Meet with Child Protection Services, Department of Social Services, Probation, and Juvenile Aid Bureau and teachers for called meetings; Liaison to Justice Center and OCFS.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $95,000.00-$100,000.00 annually(depending on experience) and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages workplace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job