Director, Purchasing (Remote)
Director, Purchasing (Remote)
Director of Purchasing – Remote
Our client is seeking a talented Purchasing Director to join their growing business headquartered near Dallas, TX. They have established a strong eCommerce business in the swimming pool category, selling pool products on its own websites as well as on Amazon and other US marketplaces. They operate fulfillment centers in Trenton, TX, Terrell, TX, Ocala FL, Coraopolis PA, and Ogden UT.
As the Director of Purchasing, you will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department and relevant team members.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Your responsibilities as the Purchasing Director will include:
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current inventory availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
- Prepares and presents manufacturer e-commerce forecasts by week/month.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for inventory, supplies, and equipment.
- Monitors inventory levels and inventory turns and recommends appropriate action.
- Manages all pricing levels for each channel.
- Monitors open purchase orders for on-time delivery, changes, and adjustments.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Hires and manages the purchasing agents, and other staff as needed.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $90K-$120K annually, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job