Phoenix AZ US
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a EEO Specialist to join our team.
With limited supervision, monitors and ensures client company equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with local, state and federal laws. Handles internal worksite employee EEO complaints and determines the processes and procedures for resolution of same with the goal of minimizing potential liability to Insperity and clients through effective oversight of the processing of client EEO charges. Much decision-making is attached to this position and is governed by procedures and guidelines with Companywide impact.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Investigates, fact finds, and recommends solutions to internal and external worksite employee EEO complaints. Monitors and ensures client company compliance with state and federal laws by assisting clients in resolving complex and challenging EEO matters.
- Oversees, with oversight of manager, processing of state and federal EEO charges by worksite employees from initial service through final resolution including negotiation and settlement. Gathers information, responds to investigator calls, and serves as primary contact for Insperity and client companies throughout the investigation and during telephone and on-site investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government agency officials at state and federal levels to represent client companies effectively.
- Researches and reviews federal and state laws, regulations and precedent cases to defend clients against claims/charges and to provide best practice HR direction to clients.
- Prepares for and attends both government agency and private mediations in resolution of regulatory charges and threatened litigation. Case preparation for mediation involves interviewing relevant parties, document gathering and organization, defense strategies and witness appearances.
- Advises internal service providers, worksite employees, managers and supervisors to ensure all parties are informed about the EEO process.
- Confers with Insperity legal counsel to help protect the liability of Insperity and the client.
- Collaborates with internal service providers in resolution of EEO matters and serves as primary contact for clients, employees and state agencies regarding EEO questions or problems.
- Researches individual-specific health information related to disability, ADA and FMLA discrimination/retaliation claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or a related field is required.
- Five years of human resources experience with emphasis on employee relations, EEOC charges, and/or investigation and resolution of employment complaints.
PHR certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates clearly and concisely and maintains effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of employment. Prepares clear, concise, thorough, and grammatically correct written reports, position statements, letter, memoranda, and other written documents.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment and EEO laws and regulations.
- Ability to apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and policies.
- Ability to be flexible in handling multiple assignments in a fast paced environment and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface and influence management at all levels to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work independently, and to collaborate with team members and internal departments.
- Adheres to principals, practices and procedures of personnel administration and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices.
If yes, up to 20% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 20%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Share This Job