Senior Enterprise Data Engineer
Senior Enterprise Data Engineer
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Enterprise Data Engineer
We are currently seeking a Enterprise Data Engineer to join our team.
This position is responsible for expanding and optimizing enterprise-wide data and data pipeline architectures, collection of data from sources across the company, and visualization and reporting strategies of the collected data. Implements data pipelines, acquires, transforms, and optimizes data sets for various use cases across the company. Ensures data sets are prepared for easy consumption by internal and external customers. This position will collaborate regularly with developers, architects, analysts, data scientists, and business facing users across various data initiatives and will ensure architectures and strategies remain consistent throughout ongoing projects. Responsible for continued improvement of our company’s data architecture and visualization strategies to support next generation products and data initiatives.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Partners with stakeholders to create tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable, data driven insights.
- Identifies, designs, and implements process improvements with a heavy focus on automation, data delivery optimization, self-service, and scalability.
- Works seamlessly with stakeholders including Executives, Product Management, Centers of Excellence, and others.
- Creates and maintains data pipeline architectures to meet continuing needs of stakeholders.
- Assembles large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Collaborates with various infrastructure and architecture teams to optimize acquisition and transformation of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other ‘big data’ technologies.
- Ensures data is prepared for easy visualization and reporting.
- Defines and implements self-service/highly scalable visualization and reporting strategies across the enterprise.
- Ensures data security across all implementations, data centers, cloud providers, client machines, etc.
- Collaborates with team members as we build and optimize our data assets into an innovative competitive advantage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience in the Business Intelligence/Data Engineering field specifically, is required.
- Three to five years of professional experience in information systems is required with at least one (1) years’ experience developing, architecting, managing, or maintaining enterprise grade software systems, database administration, or similar discipline.
- Deep understanding and practical experience with MSSQL and other relational databases.
- Working knowledge of unstructured “NoSQL” data storage tools and techniques.
- Good working and functional knowledge of database architecture concepts and the fundamentals of good enterprise technology architecture and design.
- Understanding of various ‘big data’ management tools/techniques,e.g. Hadoop, Snowflake, Redshift, Tableau, PowerBI, Databricks, etc.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Strong consensus building skills and the ability to find common ground or mutual agreement across complex topics involving compromise, negotiation, and similar tactics.
- Ability to express complex, technical topics to management, peers, and others who may not possess a strong data background. Ability to express deep or technical topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge.
- Exhibits a commitment to the utilization of defined standards and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Proactive at identifying and recommending areas for improvement and increased reliability.
- Ability to create technical documentation and a desire to share that knowledge amongst team members.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job