Event Manager, Sports
Event Manager, Sports
Charlotte North Carolina
Event Manager, Sports (Account Executive)
There’s nothing quite like the pulsating and emotional power of sport. Our client is a global sports business and marketing agency that utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering business partnerships. By delivering full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders, they connect brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, they lead the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
Our client has over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries who are active in soccer, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football, and many more. Our client has over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries who are active in soccer, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football, and many more. has been at home in the golf industry for more than 30 years. They have been serving several athletes with their expertise, management, consulting, and organization, working their way to the top of their industry. They support young golf talents, negotiating and activating partnerships with brands that have an interest in leveraging golf as a sports marketing platform. Our client has succeeded in building and establishing the international golf community – even in the most difficult markets. They own and promote events, and have been able to advise companies large and small on maximizing the ROI of their golf spend. They have managed the careers of several major champions in men’s and women’s game.
As the Account Executive, you will support the customer experience and hospitality programming around a client’s PGA TOUR event title sponsorship, the Championship, and year-round, in-market customer experience activation. Reporting to the Account Supervisor of Sponsorship Experience and Hospitality Services, you will focus on maximizing all customer and partner experiences, implementing of a technology summit Tournament Week, and supporting agency-wide customer experience initiatives.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of sports partnership experience
- Previous events execution experience required
- Previous involvement working with the PGA TOUR is desirable but not required
- Fluency with Microsoft Office required
- Excellent time-management, solutions-oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent composition skills; oral and written that display logic and expertise
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure of deadlines and competing priorities
- Hotel room management, experience with passkey a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel, Indesign and PPT
- Events management third-party management and development experience (Swoogo, etc.)
- Experience managing event logistics and operations at large-scale events
- Experience in managing large-scale event transportation, including managing staff and budget
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Passion for sports, and high understanding of PGA TOUR and events
- Ability to work across multiple assignments simultaneously with superior time management and organization skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
Your responsibilities as the Account Executive will include:
- Manage and assist in the activation of the client’s PGA TOUR title sponsorship of Napa Event
- Assist with the development and implementation of client hospitality and experience all Tournament Week of PGA TOUR NAPA event.
- Plan all aspects of hospitality including guest communications, supporting client technology tools, vendor management, payments, and budget tracking.
- Become an expert of PGA TOUR partnership to provide top-level experiences
- Interact with the client’s senior leadership and sales managers on a consistent basis
- Prepare program estimates, negotiate fees, and coordinate invoice generation and follow-up on payment
- Manage and obtain approvals from appropriate parties on all activations
- Develop recaps and coordinate with account team and client to ensure complete post-event metric reporting is captured; Salesforce knowledge a plus
- Position requires travel to events (35% of the time) and execute on-site as needed
- Ensure all experiences maintain a curated feel and white glove experience
- Maintain industry-leading knowledge of best practices and partnership activation principles
- Other duties as assigned.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision and retirement savings. Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Share This Job