Executive Assistant & Special Projects Manager
Executive Assistant & Special Projects Manager
Washington District of Columbia 20006
Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) is the hub of a national network of more than 200 mission-driven organizations that are anchor institutions in geographically and ethnically diverse Latino communities in 45 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. Members of the NALCAB Network invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues including credit building and homeownership. As a grant maker and US Treasury certified CDFI lender, NALCAB supports the work of its member network with capacity building resources, capital and policy advocacy, and access to funding and technical assistance. NALCAB’s work advances economic mobility for low- and moderate- income people.
As the Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the President & CEO with a wide range of analytical tasks to enhance the President and CEO’s efficiency and effectiveness on a day-to-day basis, as well as logistical support related to scheduling, traveling, and special projects. It would be best if you were prepared for a fast-paced work environment that requires learning on a day-to-day basis and excellent attention to detail.
To be successful, you should have:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or experience level comparable to a Bachelor’s degree.
• 3+ years’ experience supporting a President & CEO or a person in an equivalent position.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficient in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs;
• Experience in working with national and community-based nonprofits preferred;
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex public policy documents and reports;
• Ability to work and interact with diverse coalitions of nonprofit, government, and corporate partners;
• Ability to pay attention to detail;
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed;
• Ability to perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position, including decision-making.
• Bilingual Spanish (preferred)
Key responsibilities of the Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager will include:
• Manage the CEO and President’s calendar to ensure their schedules are up to date, anticipate scheduling conflicts, and ensure deadlines are met
• Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on behalf of the CEO and President
• Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing events when necessary
• Coordinating travel arrangements and creating trip itineraries
• Coordinate with the Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, and larger CSuite team to ensure work is carried out on a timely basis
• Provide support on additional projects as needed
Special Projects Support
· Helping in the drafting, development, and execution of the organization’s 3-year strategic plan to ensure all key milestones are met
• Providing administrative and project management support to the leadership team in preparation for board and committee meetings throughout the year, including developing materials for all board meetings
• Providing administrative and project management support in the implementation of work carried out by the board of directors and its respective committees, including developing materials for all meetings
• Using various software, including word, excel, and PowerPoint software to prepare reports and/or special projects
• Contribute toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of business, and continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency
• Collaborate with leaders to build organization-wide best practices
• Work cross-functionally with all departments to support the future of NALCAB and additional projects as necessary
• Support the operations of the Washington, DC office – ordering supplies, scheduling repairs, coordinating with building management, and receiving mail and packages
• $60,000-$71,000 salary commensurate with experience (Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager)
• $69,000-$86,000 (range for Sr. Executive Assistant and Special Projects Manager. Will be considered for candidates with 5+ years of direct experience)
Location of Employment
Benefits & Organizational Culture
NALCAB offers a wide range of benefits. NALCAB pays for a large portion of insurance premiums to drive the down the cost for employees. Some key benefits include competitive Health/Dental/Vision insurance, employer paid group life and accident insurance eligible on the first day of employment. 401K with up to a 5% employer match, tuition reimbursement up to $500.00 per year for professional development and up to $1,500.00 per year for an educational accredited degree program. Paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, 10 vacation days, and 12 sick days per year. Paid time for volunteering, bereavement, and voting.
NALCAB is commitment to a positive organizational culture starts with investing in its employees. Some resources offered are internal coaching opportunities; staff retreats that support employee connections and team building; access to self-paced and instructor lead learning tutorials; learning modules and eBooks; customized employee individual development plans; and periodic internal staff training opportunities.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
NALCAB is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NALCAB believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Share This Job