DALLAS Texas 75204-1457
Uptown, Dallas continues to be the economic engine that drives Dallas forward and Uptown Dallas, Inc. is the public improvement district (PID) company that manages and enhances the public realm.
The Public Improvement District (PID) is funded by special assessments paid for and voted on by property owners and in 1993, Uptown Dallas, Inc. (UDI) was established, creating Dallas’ first live-work-play community. These assessment dollars have paid for the management and enhancement of public safety and security; the design and construction of public infrastructure improvements; the maintenance of common areas, lighting, pedestrian amenities and linkages that make Uptown one of the most desirable places in all of Dallas.
These improvements are the competitive advantage behind the success of Uptown which have led to the highest office rents and occupancies in the city and one of the best multi-family markets in the region.
The Board of Directors of Uptown Dallas, Inc. is seeking a skilled, dynamic, and collaborative leader to carry out the strategic initiatives of the Board and provide effective leadership to a lean staff and the stakeholders of Uptown Dallas, Inc. As the Executive Director, you will work closely with the Board of Directors to accomplish the organizational objectives of this publicly funded non-profit 501(c)3 corporation and its partnership relationships.
You must be an experienced executive or senior-level manager who demonstrates sound leadership, strong initiative and program/process management skills, and excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills. In addition, you must be creative and able to navigate among governmental and political environments demonstrating strong public and internal communications skills. We will expect you to be an experienced negotiator, with a strong P/L and financial management background, organizational and delegation skills. An earned Bachelor’s degree is required, and 5 – 7 years direct executive experience is desirable.
Your accountabilities as the Executive Director will include:
- Board Administration and Support– Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing BOD members. Performs as liaison between BOD and UDI staff. Works with the Chair to organize BOD meetings, special sessions, committee meetings and BOD communications. Assists BOD by organizing and supporting BOD nomination processes and elections. Assists Board in developing and implementing financial and strategic plans. Ensures minutes are taken at all BOD and committee meetings and oversees proper recordkeeping and file maintenance as required by the BOD and within all legal and regulatory parameters. Prepares and presents regular updates to the Board.
- UPID Renewal and Management Agreement with the City of Dallas – With Board assistance, leads the public effort for renewal of the UPID while seeking approval from all property owners to ensure the renewal requirements of the City of Dallas are met and satisfied. Prepares and develops strategy including public and private meetings with owners and stakeholders, City and elected officials. In conjunction with the BOD Renewal Committee, create marketing materials and obtain data to highlight the effectiveness of the UPID and its efforts on a historical basis and documenting plans of the District.
- UDI Programs, Marketing, and Administration – Manages implementation and delivery of all BOD-directed UDI programs and operations, marketing strategies, initiatives, bylaws, policies, processes & procedures, technology initiatives and administration. Ensures all the above are current and in compliance. Ensures efficient, effective, timely delivery of high-quality programs and processes within budgetary, regulatory and legal parameters. Ensures implementation and use of effective measures and analyses of performance and outcomes.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Working with the BOD, recommends annual budget and oversees its approval and preparation for implementation prior to the start of each fiscal year. Performs regular tax roll analysis and projections to maximize alignment of budget and funding projections. Prudently manages to approve UDI budget and resources in keeping with all legal and regulatory requirements, meeting all short- and long-term financial objectives. Leads special fund-raising projects as required. Ensures upkeep and proper storage and retrieval processes for all required record-keeping. Implements regular financial and risk reporting and auditing to the BOD and all appropriate regulatory and governmental agencies. Ensures assessment, attainment, and appropriate management of organization risk coverages. Ensures the timely and appropriate management of all organization investments, payables, and receivables. Effectively manages the attainment, utilization, and maintenance of all UDI facility space, equipment, and technology, including the development, implementation and compliance with effective safety rules and procedures which comply with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Staff Management – Effectively manages the UDI staff and other contributors to the implementation of programs, operations, and processes of the organization, through both direct and indirect supervision. Subject to Executive Committee approval, responsible for all staffing decisions. Ensures effective, appropriate, and timely payroll management, and that it is within all legal and regulatory requirements. Provides leadership and vision in implementing HR policies. Achieves organizational performance objectives through the implementation and use of well-documented, clear descriptions of work and measurable short-term performance standards, along with regular periodic feedback of performance achievement using robust, consistent measurement tools. Ensures, both through effective management and personal example, full compliance with all human resource processes and policies. Ensures all HR management falls within the constraints of budgetary, regulatory, and legal requirements. Handles difficult personnel situations directly using appropriate discretion and advice and guidance from the Executive Committee.
- Community and Public Relations – Finds and creates opportunities to assure UDI vision, mission, programs, and services are continually and consistently communicated to the local and regional press and in general to the Uptown community in a strong, engaging, positive manner with the intended impact of enhancing the UDI image and increasing the UDI support base among all stakeholders, including but not limited to retail, commercial, and service businesses, homeowners, residents and visitors. Community and press liaison for UDI inquiries, complaints, and other community forums. Leads and organizes required public forums, e.g., Annual Public Meeting, and UPID renewal processes.
- Organizational partnerships – Oversees all BOD-approved partner relationships, participating as appropriate, ensuring achievement of stated goals as well as operational and fiscal integrity of each partnership. Manages City Hall liaison relationships and activities. Ensures all requisite reporting is provided to appropriate City of Dallas agencies and personnel in a timely, effective manner.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive, best-in-class benefits package. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job