Financial Analyst (remote)
Financial Analyst (remote)
Chicago Illinois 60606
Financial Analyst – Remote
As the Financial Planner and Analyst, you will report to the VP/Controller and be responsible for budgeting and forecasting, decision support, assisting in the monthly close process for ACG headquarters, and special projects.
To be successful, you should have:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Extensive finance knowledge or experience in a similar role.
- Proven knowledge of financial analysis and strategy.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Highly skilled in Excel, QuickBooks, and Fathom knowledge a plus
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- An overall desire to improve knowledge and skill set for personal and company growth.
- Experience in multi-currency consolidations.
- Able to thrive in a remote environment
Your duties as the Financial Analyst will include, but are limited to, the following:
Budgeting and forecasting
You will be responsible for the development of a consolidated budget and rolling forecast.
- Primarily, connect senior management’s long term “strategic plan” to actuals.
- Develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan.
- As a key part of the forecasting process, conduct variance analyses to show management how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance.
You will not only report forecasts and variances but also uses that data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and chapters. To this end, you will work closely with the VP/Controller and Accounting Manager to create a monthly report that provides:
- Analysis of historical financials
- Variance explanations
- An updated forecast with risks and opportunities to current plan
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Assist in the closing of ACG HQ’s books
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Review revenue and expense accounts
- Assemble financials for VP/Controller review
You will inevitably be pulled in to work on special projects which may include:
- Develop dashboards and other analytical tools to help guide the organization
- Oversee the accounting and reporting of subsidiaries in Hong Kong, Tianjin China, and UK.
- Assist in the independent audit for ACG with outside CPA firm
ACG values our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual compensation, depending on experience and an extensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k) with matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job