Fulfillment Center Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Fulfillment Center Supervisor – 2nd Shift
La Palma CA US 90623
Our client is a growing and innovative third-party fulfillment (3PF) company that is the chosen fulfillment provider to the most successful and progressive digitally native companies seeking to maintain their brand identities. They partner with their clients to build custom fulfillment solutions and grow businesses fast. They’re adding new fulfillment centers to their nationwide network and are using state of the art warehouse technology and robotics to help their employees and company achieve higher throughput and greater success. The best. The brightest. Stars-in-the-making. That pretty much sums up what our client looks for in every person they hire. If you’re ready to hit the ground running and feel like you could teach our client a thing or two, then we just might need to meet you!
Our client is currently seeking a Fulfillment Center Supervisor 2nd Shift to join their growing and dynamic team at their La Palma, CA location.
The Fulfillment Center Supervisor assists in the overall management of the operation and provides strategic direction and leadership for all warehouse activities associated with order fulfillment, packing, shipping, receiving, warehousing, and inventory management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Directly supervise hourly warehouse associates in a fulfillment center
- Manage specific warehouse activities including, but not limited to, order planning, releasing orders to the fulfillment floor, following up on completion of assigned tasks, and ensuring the packing stations complete orders on a timely basis.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure order accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Assist Fulfillment Manager in planning, prioritizing, and communicating shift directives to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and quality is met
- Partner with senior management to implement and maintain proper layout of warehouse and product placement.
- Ensure the physical condition of warehouse and equipment are properly maintained and documented
- Ensure customer service key performance indicators are met or exceeded by monitoring order fill rates, conducting unannounced inspections, ensuring inventory accuracy, etc.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Personally coach, train, and mentor direct reports in order to ensure personal growth and career development
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) as needed
- Perform cycle counts, quarterly and/or annual physical inventories, and provide inventory reports as needed.
- Identify, document, and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, engineering, or related area is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a lead or supervisor role preferably in a fulfillment, distribution, or manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years of experience in Third Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to adjust strategy on the fly while functioning in a fast-paced environment in order to obtain operational goals
- Must be technologically savvy; experience with an Order Management System, Warehouse Management System, or Labor Management System is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to build a cohesive team that exemplifies Quiet Logistics’ core values
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence, implement, and manage change within the department
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and set priorities
Benefits & Culture: Our client’s employees enjoy competitive benefits, generous paid time off and holidays, and a company culture that builds collaboration and camaraderie.
They’re a productive and happy team of people and robots, working together to get things where they need to be. If you’d like to join them, we’d love to hear from you!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job