Girls Home Residential Specialist
Girls Home Residential Specialist
Rocklin California 95765
Are you passionate about helping foster children and families? Then, now is an excellent opportunity to join an ethnically and culturally diverse team of multidisciplinary professionals.
Unity Care Group (UCG) is a community-based, non-profit youth and family development agency. Founded with the goal of developing educational and social programs to enrich the lives of at-risk youth, our mission is to provide quality youth and family programs for the purpose of creating healthier communities through lifelong partnerships.
Girls Home Residential Specialist- Rocklin, CA
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Transitional Housing Program (THP) Residential Specialist (RS) is responsible for the THP program implementation within a Unity Care, Community Care Licensed home. You will provide support to the residents and program implementation, as well as maintain a safe and clean home environment, and to support residents with achieving program goals and their individual goals, as identified in their service plans.
As the Residential Specialist (RS), you will be expected to support the residents to excel and develop essential independent living skills, takes an active role in mentoring the residents and ensure they are following the program requirements such as meeting curfew, maintaining home cleanliness, and following home rules. The Residential Specialist is an integral part of the resident’s CFT (Child, Family Team) and THP Program Team.
As with all UC staff, you will be responsible for adhering to the performance standards set forth in the UC Employee Handbook and UC policies and procedures.
To be successful, you should have:
- Ability to work until 11:30 pm Fri-Sun (part-time or full-time) GREAT for students
- 60 completed college units from an accredited institution. (Required)
- 5 years experience in the field, with an equivalent of two years” experience working with at-risk youth, at-risk adults or in similar residential settings.
- Skills in system documentation (i.e. documenting in an electronic health record system), requiring accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook email.
- Confident and responsible role model with excellent judgment
- Able to work well independently in high-stress environments (de-escalation skills are important)
- Display a proven dedication to youth through leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Social Work or similar education
- Experience working in a Community Care Licensed Housing
- Bilingual in Spanish
Additionally, we require you have:
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively in small settings and groups
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to resolve problems and identify negative disruptive behaviors and redirect behavior using mediation and de-escalation techniques.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee may be required to make or receive physical contact with clients and residents, such as in the process of delivering First Aid/CPR or de-escalation interventions.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certificate within 10 days of start date and maintain a current certificate with Human Resources.
- Must clear a Department of Justice background check including fingerprinting before start date and maintain clearance.
- Must be able to work in a DSS Community Care Licensed Facility.
- Must clear a health screening, including TB before start date and maintain clearance.
- Must have a car, valid California Driver License and be able to drive, have a clean driving record and maintain a clean driving record.
- Meet and maintain the minimum vehicle liability and property insurance limits (to be insured by our insurance carrier for using vehicle for business purposes such as transportation of residents or reimbursement of business-related mileage expenses).
Your responsibilities as a Residential Specialist will include:
- Direct Client Services:
- Make sure the home is secured and maintained in a safe and orderly manner
- Ensure interior and exterior of home is neat and orderly, clean, and sanitary and is in working order
- Mentor and advise residents regarding daily living responsibilities such as meal preparation, chores, time management, and conflict resolution
- Monitor resident”s chores and room; assign chores, sign off chores each day, update chore book weekly, give residents a time frame when chores will be checked and demonstrate how the chore is to be done
- Teach residents socially acceptable habits of behavior and appearance and how to behave in public
- Be available for the residents to ask questions, seek advice, and assist
- Program Services:
- Work in collaboration with Program and Case Manager to report progress in the home by meeting with residents individually on a weekly basis to discuss and track progress in program
- Participate in weekly Home Monitor Team Meetings with Program Manager to discuss weekly planning, compliance, and resident issues
- Help facilitate community home meetings once a month with individual resident staff, Case Manager, and UC staff
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Responsible for enforcing the home rules, setting limits and consequences with the residents which will be determined in collaboration with the Case Manager
- Maintain a daily log in Awards, which monitors each resident”s behavior and feelings as they are related to current situations in daily living as well as school information, medical visits, and incident reports
- Implement emergency procedures in the event of crisis situations – behavioral or environmental
- Notify the Program Manager of rule violations and any other immediate concerns; Check in with residents daily, and document this in the Awards residential daily log
- Conduct weekly maintenance checks of the property to ensure continuous compliance with CCL and all regulations and external requirements and submit reports to the Case Manager
- Maintain resident records and incident reports
- Program Ambassador and Youth Mentor:
- Demonstrate professional boundaries and appropriate self-disclosure when interacting with residents
- Implement appropriate authority and discipline to set limits for behavior and help each resident practice self-control
- Act as community and neighborhood liaison
- Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with THP Program Statement
- Facilitate a high level of youth engagement
- Ensure a healthy home environment and client-focused programming
- Ensure quality improvement and cultural sensitivity & diversity
- Attend required training to maintain knowledge
- Other duties as assigned.
We maintain a collaborative learning environment where people are challenged, grow, and have fun. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off, health and dental benefits, and 403b contribution.
Unity Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unity Care Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Share This Job