West Hollywood California
The Institute for Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research (IMBCR) has assembled a renowned team of expert scientists dedicated to our research mission. Our expert team focuses on new and promising therapeutic approaches and diagnoses to help lengthen lives and relieve patient symptoms. This makes our team unique in the world for being able to lead science to revolutionize treatments and, hopefully, discover a cure.
We are seeking a full-time Laboratory Director to perform the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of non-profit research projects, including design, execution, and analysis. Ensure all research projects are conducted in accordance with established protocols and meet deadlines.
- Maintain laboratory records, including data, reports, and research findings.
- Review and write scientific manuscripts for publication or presentation at scientific meetings.
- Identify new research opportunities and priorities, develop strategic plans for the laboratory, and collaborate with internal and external partners to advance research projects and achieve research goals.
- Identify funding opportunities, participate in developing grant proposals, and submit grant applications to assist with ongoing research projects.
- Work with the internal accounting department to develop and oversee laboratory budgets, including purchasing equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the laboratory follows all safety and regulatory standards (IRB protocols and facility permit). Implement and enforce policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Supervise all staff within the research laboratory, including researchers, technicians, interns/trainees, and administrative staff. Provide guidance and direction to ensure the lab operates efficiently and promotes a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Present lab updates during the board of directors quarterly meetings.
Who Are You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or other life science (chemical, physical, or biological).
- Minimum of 8 years of laboratory experience performing laboratory testing in an academic research, pre-clinical or clinical environment where experience in conducting clinical laboratory testing is judged as equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial position. Strong attention to detail with the ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills in a highly regulated environment.
- Have at least 30 journal papers you have written
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their competitive compensation ($90K – $110K/Year) and extensive benefits package enhance their commitment to your success.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job