Learning and Development Specialist
Learning and Development Specialist
Houston TX US 77027
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Middle Market is where challenge is fun, results are rewarding and we live our values. The Insperity Middle Market Solutions team is an exceptional group focused specifically on supporting our larger clients ranging in size from 150 to 5,000 employees. Part of our mission is to help our Middle Market clients become the best they can be by understanding their unique challenges and integrating relevant human capital/human resources solutions that accelerate their potential.
Learning & Development Specialist
We are currently seeking a Learning & Development Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for delivery of solutions that enhance employee productivity and equip leaders with supervisory skills to effectively manage people. This position provides facilitation and training services to MidMarket clients, including workforce and leadership development training, HR compliance training, and Insperity client interface systems.
Essential FunctionsUnder limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Guides client managers and employees to acquire skills, make decisions, or complete tasks by facilitating group communication or delivering training content in areas of leadership and workforce development, HR compliance, and Insperity client interface systems (Employee Service Center). Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ensures that facilitated meetings serve business objectives while considering the needs and potential contributions of others.
- Works cooperatively with internal constituents to build and execute client training plans. Aligns the Company services with client needs through an understanding of business plans and small to medium size business operations from an owner’s perspective; including orientation toward profitability and knowledge of market and competition. Assists other team members to accomplish company/team goals. Sets high standards of performance for self and others on team.
- Provides needs analysis and expert advice about leadership and workforce learning, compliance training, and client interface systems to MidMarket clients. Consults with on-site managers and supervisors and develops solutions. Applies a systematic approach to defining performance requirements, identifying gaps between existing and required performance, analyzes the causes and factors that limit performance, and recommends and/or implements learning solutions that focus on and deliver business results.
- Delivers training content that is tailored to the specific needs of the client. This requires the incumbent is able to understand the client’s situation and learn and deliver the appropriate content quickly. Seeks diverse learning opportunities and perspectives; quickly applies new knowledge and skill; uses work challenges as opportunities to try new innovative solutions, and maintain effectiveness when experience real time changes in requirements. Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities.
- Responds to and initiates client service requests. Primary focus is to develop and sustain productive client relationships and makes clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships. Ensures that a meeting or training facilitation serves its business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years experience in human resources and employee relations field is required.
- Three to five years of experience in the design and delivery of learning and development programs is required.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment.
- Background in adult education, performance management or human resource leadership is required.
Training certification (DDI) is preferred, or must be obtained within three to four months of hire date. PHR ® certification strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient at time management.
- Familiarity with online training content preferred.
- Excellent group facilitation and project management skills are required. Ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Current command of the complex body of harassment and discrimination laws is required; also, principles, practices and procedures of human resource management and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices; methods of improving productivity, efficiencies, and communications in the workplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, processes, and methodologies including methods and techniques used in training assessment, design, development, and measurement. Ability to look at situations systematically, taking into consideration the larger context including competing pressures, resource constraints and anticipated change.
- Proficient in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, punctuation and composition.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications.
If yes, up to 40% of time
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’re regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work.”
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job