Manager, Data Science & Analytics
Manager, Data Science & Analytics
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Manager, Data Science and Analytics
We are currently seeking a Manager, Data Science and Analytics to join our team.
This position is responsible for leading Insperity’s ITS Data Science and Analytics team and overseeing associated technology platforms. Accountable for the growth and development of the team by creating an environment in which employees can achieve success. This includes improving the abilities of the team to deliver, deciding structure and policies of the team, and ensuring continuous improvement. Provides leadership to the ITS Data Science and Analytics team and builds intentional partnerships with Enterprise Analytics and other key stakeholder groups. Works closely with other management and stakeholders to advance the corporate data vision and strategy in support of company objectives.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Develops, coaches, and leads technical and professional team members for sustained excellence in individual and team performance.
- Analyzes training needs and invests in employees’ development plans and career paths.
- Works day to day with the Data Science & Analytics team to translate high level concepts and vision into actionable objectives and deliverables.
- Solicits and measures feedback across stakeholder groups to recommend changes and improvements to the Data Science & Analytics technology platforms.
- Uses data, metrics, and other resources to measure and quantify team progress, achievement of business goals, and to analyze trends and patterns in software and business operations relevant to the team. Uses these data to build content and presentations to inform management decisions, prioritization of project efforts, and to plan and predict future events and outcomes.
- Partners with Enterprise Analytics leadership to identify opportunities to apply the features and capabilities of data science in support of broader data strategies.
- Leads content development and presentation leadership stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Engages with the Data Science & Analytics community to assess, evaluate, and implement emerging technology concepts and trends in data science and related fields.
- Creates a technology vision that enables Insperity to capitalize on the ongoing data strategy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or other science or mathematics related field, or equivalent work experience in the field of data science and machine learning specifically, is required. Graduate or Doctorate Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related computational science field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ professional experience in information systems is required with at least five (5) years’ experience developing, managing, and maintaining enterprise software – preferably in the field of data science and machine learning, or related field. Prior experience in leading and managing technical or scientific teams is preferred.
- Excellent functional knowledge of the concepts of the field of Data Science, AI, and Machine Learning.
- Excellent functional understanding of the concepts associated with unstructured data and non-relational storage, searching, and indexing technologies such as Elastic Stack, Splunk or similar current technologies.
- Familiarity with Python libraries, R, or similar technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of current and emerging architectural concepts and the fundamentals of good enterprise technology architecture and design.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Strong consensus building skills, the ability to find common ground or mutual agreement across complex topics involving compromise, negotiation, and similar tactics.
- Ability to express complex, technical topics to management, peers, and others who may not possess a background in data science or mathematics. Ability to express deep or technical topics in easy-to-understand terms both graphically and verbally.
- Exhibits a passion for learning and continuous improvement. Takes responsibility for acquiring new skills and broadening knowledge.
- Experience and understanding in how to explore and apply defined standards and processes, both technical and business related.
- Excellent organizational, project and resource management skills.
- Ability to create technical documentation and other artifacts relevant to the data science domain.
- Good HR management skills and knowledge of related disciplines, including compensation management, employee development, performance management, conducting interviews and managing hiring processes, and related areas of HR administration.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job