SHIRLEY NY US 11967-4704
We Are Hiring
Materials Manager – Manufacturing – Hybrid Remote (flexible) after onsite training period
As the Materials Manager you will execute Procurement & Inventory activities to maintain and enhance Frank Lowe’s high standard of customer service. Lead the team in charge of supplier relations, placement of orders, demand management and inventory accuracy, ensuring cost, quality, and delivery needs are met. In addition to providing direct supervision & support for the purchasing team, this individual works collaboratively with Accounting, Sales, Engineering and Customer Service.
Who we want-
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and tenaciously pursue goals and objectives
- Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and improvement in outcomes and processes.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, upper management, and their teams.
What You Will Do:
- The Materials Manager will execute and direct the Sourcing, Procurement and Inventory Control of Raw materials to fulfill company needs and customer requirements.
- Plan and direct activities related to Supplier relationship management, including risk reduction
- Plan, direct and improve activities related to Inventory management and logistics
- Provide professional development and mentoring for team members. Explain and support company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform every essential duty.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a degree on Business, Engineering, Material Science preferred; 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with a minimum of three to five years in a Purchasing Management role or equivalent combination of education and experience. Superior proficiency with MS Office; Experience with IQMS ERP software a plus; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Proficient verbal and written English skills, Excellent business math skills
We believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Commitment to your success is enhanced by a generous salary, based on experience and an extensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance options
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) plan
- A welcoming and congenial workplace
- Just to name a few!
Why Frank Lowe Rubber & Gasket?
We respect and reward hard work; it’s the dedication of our staff which has built our company over the past 40 years. We have taken the company from a small storefront, one-person operation to our current leadership position within our Industry with over 40 local staff and an additional dozen sales representatives throughout the US and Canada. Yet, we remain small enough that anyone can talk to the president of the company.
We are a trusted one-stop source of top-quality nonmetallic sealing and protective products, materials, and custom fabrication services. Our ISO 9001 certified organization remains committed to flexibly responding to our customers’ individual market requirements and consistently going the extra mile to ensure their complete satisfaction.
Frank Lowe maintains a drug-free workplace. Checkable references, background Check & Drug Screen required prior to employment for all staff.
Frank Lowe Rubber & Gasket Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
Share This Job