Membership Services Representative
Membership Services Representative
HOUSTON TX US 77024
Founded in 1980, the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world’s largest and most widely recognized association for facility management professionals, supporting over 20,000 members in more than 100 countries. Facility management (FM) is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality, comfort, safety, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology. IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, provides educational programs, and produces World Workplace, the world’s largest facility management conference and exposition.
Our vision is to lead the future of the built environment to make the world a better place. As a member organization, we are deeply committed to helping our members thrive. These are the values of the association, staff, and stakeholders, and guide us in everything we do.
- We believe in the benefit of global diversity, inclusion and social equity.
- We recognize that sustainability, resilience, and responsible stewardship of the environment is paramount.
- We commit to open, honest, transparent, and interactive communications.
- We strive for excellence and growth through innovation, leadership and sharing of knowledge.
Member Services Representative
As a Member Services Representative, you will provide premier customer service to all association stakeholders and maintains the overall integrity of the association’s management system database. You will also aid in membership growth and retention programs and support all departments with daily customer service needs.
Your essential duties and responsibilities as the Member Services Representative will include:
- Assists current and potential stakeholders via phone, chat, and e-mail in obtaining IFMA’s products and services
- Provides proactive response to requests with continuous follow-up to assure completion for each inquiry within one business day
- Maintains the overall integrity of the CRM database, adhering to strict input guidelines, and assisting with the maintenance of database records
- Escalates requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource; provides feedback for continual improvement based on interactions with customers
- Aids in the execution of the membership growth and retention program by:
- Generating and processing monthly membership invoices
- Connecting with members through various outreach programs
- Guides members and nonmembers through the credential application and renewal process
- Enters new membership applications and renewals in the association management database and applies payments
- Completes event registrations in database and applies payments
- Aids in group membership process including European chapter groups
- Assists in testing, providing feedback of membership and registration forms
- Rotates working at the front desk, greeting guests, opening and closing office
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail and shipping
To be successful, you should possess:
- Associates degree in business or a related field plus two years’ experience or four years related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Publisher; Outlook)
- Ability to maintain databases
- Minimum data input capability of 55 wpm; knowledge of CRM is a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts, and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We also strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive wage of $19-20 hourly, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K plan
- Profit sharing
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation, sick and floating holidays
- Future growth opportunities and much more!
* Please note that IFMA’s recruiting, and application processing is being performed through Insperity; therefore, you will be contacted by an Insperity Recruiting Specialist IF and when you are considered for this position. *
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job