HAUPPAUGE NY US 11788-3968
Founded in 1972, our client (Mr. Bar-B-Q) has been committed to providing consumers innovative, superior quality products at an excellent value. Most importantly, they pride themselves in offering ‘Everything for the Grill™’ making their product line more diverse, expansive, and interesting than any other brand. They are constantly adapting to market trends and regularly introducing new products that enhance the grilling experience. Their more than 400 products within their core product assortment include but not limited to: Tools & Tool Sets, Brushes, Baskets, Toppers, Accessories and Covers. Unlike other products, our their products can be used for charcoal, gas or electric grills and over 120 products are patented.
Mr. Bar-B-Q is actively seeking a motivated Packaging Designer that excels at creative strategy. You must be a self-starter that takes on a variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of packaging designs, sell sheets, signage, planograms, catalogue, and PowerPoint presentation layouts. You will support the packaging process for the company’s brands, Licensed brands, and private label/customer brands. They require 5+ years of related work experience, with 2 years specifically in packaging design.
To be successful, you should have:
- A robust portfolio of work
- Experience in graphic design, specifically with packaging
- Ability to think creatively and develop new design while handling multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Knowledge of vector and raster artwork and file types (and the differences between them)
- Analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Illustration skills, along with photography and videography experience a plus
- Strong marketing skills for visual communication in sell sheets and product presentations
Your responsibilities as the Packaging Designer will include:
- Brainstorm, create and proof packaging, owner’s manuals, catalogs, POP materials, and other product/sales support materials as well as quoting jobs
- Work will range from design to production jobs such as text changes and modifications, packaging, mock-ups, logos, layout, pre-press, web layout, and video.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite required; experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Final Cut or After Effects, Word Press are a plus.
- Provides direction to Overseas Team regarding creative design when needed.
- Sets the bar for creative excellence and cultural relevance in all things.
Mr. Bar-B-Q values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation in the range of $75-80K annually and an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Matching 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time and Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law
Share This Job