NEW ORLEANS Louisiana 70127-2601
At Liberty Bank, we work hard, play hard, invest where our heart lives and pursue freedom for all. We”re passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There”s real freedom here – the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we”re making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company”s bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
As the Paralegal, you will assist the General Counsel by providing clerical, legal research, drafting and reviewing documents, communicating with other departments, document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses, research, investigations, fact checking, and assisting outside counsel with court filings, collections, and trial preparation. You will also work closely with Liberty Bank”s legal team and compliance department to assist with all aspects of demands, complaints, claims and litigation, as well as support in various other matters. Discretion and independent judgement in matters of consequence to Liberty Bank and its clients will be essential for your success.
What does it take to become a Paralegal?
- Bachelor”s degree in Legal Studies or related field from four-year college or university
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective analytical, interpersonal, and problem resolution skills
- Strong understanding of legal principles and terminology
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques, including online research
- Unquestionable ethical and professional judgement, as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information
- Proficiency in paper and e-filing (state and federal) along with knowledge of federal, state, and local court rules
- Robust knowledge of statutes and regulations surrounding legal process (i.e., subpoenas, levies, garnishments, bankruptcy notices)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Paralegal/Legal Assistant will include:
- Works with internal and external counsel in all stages of demands, complaints, claims and litigation
- Provides general administrative assistance, such as maintaining the General Counsel”s Calendar, handling telephone inquiries, making travel arrangements, calendar time delays, and filing due dates
- Conducts research regulations, laws, and legal articles and assists with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice
- Manages client billing by preparing, finalizing, and sending out bills, as well as resolving issues in cooperation with the appropriate attorney
- Assists Liberty Bank legal team on various projects involving litigation matters, interrogatories
- Manages, organizes, and maintains documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- Maintains expertise in and monitors state and federal laws involving Liberty Bank as it relates to the banking industry, including confidentiality of customer information
- Monitors and maintains various documents, performs due diligence reviews, and applicable data rooms
- Collects, examines, and organizes evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Drafts and proofreads correspondence and legal documents, such as pleadings and contracts
- Assists General Counsel in all aspects of preparing for all court proceedings
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That”s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including:
- PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company there is also future opportunity for growth.
We”re ready to talk about what”s next and if you are too, please apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job