Kennesaw GA US 30144
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor to join our team.
This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate completion of payroll processes while maintaining high client satisfaction and meeting department goals and objectives. This position also develops, coaches, mentors and leads payroll team members to sustained individual and team performance. This position identifies, develops, recommends and implements process improvements that result in improved efficiency and effectiveness for the accurate and timely delivery of payroll and related services to client companies.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Monitors client satisfaction indicators via quality service checks and service observations of staff to ensure client satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors and analyzes quality of service and client termination data.
- Interfaces with Manager, HR Services and Corporate departments to support actions and initiatives which improve region-wide client retention.
- Participates in client meetings via phone and in person when necessary to support client’s perception of the value derived from our services.
- Demonstrates effective business communication skills, oral and written, to facilitate effective service and service recovery with clients.
- Probes, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, team loads and day-to-day operations of the payroll team.
- Maintains knowledge of a business’s financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for small to mid-size business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and give guidance to clients, peers and direct reports.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Establishes and support team goals and objectives, including but not limited to career mobility through Career Path and performance goals for professional improvement of self and staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations, formal and informal coaching and counselling and development plans.
- Facilitates new hire on-the-job training and orientation into team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Four-year undergraduate degree preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in a related field required with two to four years prior payroll supervisory experience strongly preferred.
CPP Certification preferred.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving/decision making/conflict resolution skills.
- Resource management – Manages time of direct reports; Identifies and provides input to staffing needs; Exhibits good stewardship of monetary expenses in relation to budgetary allocations; Identifies and engages service solutions within and outside payroll department.
- Presentation skills – Competent in design and delivery.
- Project management skills – Experience in handling multiple projects.
- HR knowledge – general awareness of various HR disciplines and understanding as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
- Facilitation skills – leads and coaches a team through development processes. Communicates to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn other application programs as needed.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job