Pharmacy/Healthcare Data Analyst (Remote)
Pharmacy/Healthcare Data Analyst (Remote)
SAN ANTONIO Texas 78260-3505
Our client is a San Antonio based virtual organization committed to being the provider of choice for health plans and pharmacy organizations seeking non-financial auditing, compliance, or consulting services. We currently serve over 150 organizations nationally and are experiencing steady growth because of our commitment to superior client service.
Our client’s success is fueled by their exceptional employees assisting small to large size organizations to attain compliance through our superior knowledge, outstanding client service, consistent delivery and solution-focused attributes. Fortitude and flexibility are required. We seek talented, high-energy professionals who have the stamina, drive and passion to work for a small growing company.
Information Technology Analyst – Remote
As the Information Technology Analyst, you will design and implement IT solutions. Under limited supervision, you will work with business owners and users to understand how teams, employees, and clients will use technology and what programs, features, or platforms will serve them best. You will be expected to develop, update, enhance, improve, and manage the client”s audit tools. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of documentation and user training that is normally part of the distribution of tool changes. You must have knowledge of business requirements and internal review strategies to create/enhance assigned auditing tools.
Your typical duties will include using proprietary tools to evaluate client data and examining client programs for compliance. Information Technology Analysts will collaborate with other Information Technology personnel in the development, improvement, and management of Attest’s analytical and audit tools. These updates are based on business requirements that involve manipulating complex data files to standard layouts, loading/processing of data files (i.e Excel, Text Files, XML), report generation and facilitating tool-specific training.
To be successful, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis duties, preferably at a health plan or health organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Word, Access, and SharePoint)
- Application Development (must have at least 3 of the following)
- Automation Experience – developing tools/creating solutions to support internal daily processes
- Microsoft SQL Server – Basic SQL Server knowledge (table creation/maintenance/reading and writing code)
- Access VBA reading/writing
- Implementing and optimizing stored procedures and functions
- Developing procedures and scripts for data migration utilizing Text (CSV, tab-delimited), Excel, XML data files
- Access form development and maintenance
- Health Care Transaction systems and/or healthcare data warehouse
- Ability to quickly learn new systems with limited hands-on training
Additional skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Must have reasonable interpersonal skills to support leadership, management, negotiation, and problem-solving functions of this role
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
- Ability to self-motivate and thrive in a virtual and growing environment
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Position requires employee to have a home-office work area, which requires a high-speed internet connection, unlimited long-distance phone line and office/cell phone
- Normal weekly workload is 40 hours per week but may require longer hours including evening and/or weekend hours throughout the year, depending on project/company needs
Your responsibilities as the Information Technology Analyst will include:
- Build from the previous year(s) learning/goals. The pace is fast, and working smart is key
- Assist tool development and audit process in an expanded capacity for assigned tools/teams
- Conducts pre-release/pre-implementation testing
- Act as point of contact for questions related to internal tools and/or escalate appropriately
- Clean, scrub and/or troubleshoot more complicated data for audit teams
- Provide leadership to Data Analyst level teammates
- Coordinate training(s) related to specialty/other assigned area(s) and present to the team.
- Take on and effectively perform additional responsibilities as discussed with your direct manager during the goals/to-do list process
- Information Technology Analyst wishing to be considered for an Information Technology II position must complete the following in addition to the above:
- Demonstrated advanced-level tool programming
- Assume SME responsibility for one or more suites of tools (DV, HEDIS, CAHPS, PLD, Benchmarking, URAC, RADV)
- Displayed confidence and the ability to make, support and stand by decisions
- Continued demonstrated the integration of Attest key attributes and work ethic in all responsibilities
- Assist with information technology operations including account management, active directory administration, and desktop configuration.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of 75K to $100K DOE, and extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job