Physical and Technical Security Manager
Physical and Technical Security Manager
Kingwood Texas 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
PHYSICAL & TECHNICAL SECURITY MANAGER
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all aspects of the Company’s physical and technical security programs ensuring the protection of people, property and assets using various security technologies. The position’s primary areas of focus are electronic access control, closed circuit television (CCTV) systems, development, maintenance and auditing of Corporate Security Standards regarding best management practices of security technologies and overall support of security technologies in the Security Operations Center (SOC).
· Develops, implements and manages physical and technical security standards, programs, policies and procedures for the Company, its day-to-day activities and special events. Modifies as necessary based on the changing needs of the Company.
· Conducts regular and on-going security audits to ensure compliance with Company policies, post guidelines and legal statutes. Maintains manuals, policies and procedures and participates in overarching Security Awareness Program to provide open communication to Company employees as well as regularly scheduled education programs on these subjects.
· Provides direct supervision for contract security and off-duty police services at the HQ campus.
· Acts as a direct and primary point of contact for on-site contract security officers including static security concierge posts, dynamic roving patrols and contract on-site security management.
· Facilitate additional security solutions, enhancements and recommendations to business units or locations, as directed by the Director, Corporate Security.
· Collaborates with Director, Corporate Security to identify security vulnerabilities through a written gap analysis process and develops preventative measures to ensure a protected environment.
· Assesses internal and external security threats and consults with Director, Corporate Security as well as Corporate Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) as needed to determine severity and action plans. Directly coordinates appropriate security responses with internal security staff, local law enforcement, security contractors and consultants.
· Acts as a resource to Corporate Information Security to ensure sanctity and security of proprietary information gathered and stored (data at rest and in motion) on Corporate Security Technology platforms.
· Consults with Director, Corporate Security as appropriate regarding active security concerns or initiatives.
· Partners with Security Client Relations Manager in managing security records (electronic and hard copies) as required and distributes information as provided in Corporate Security processes and procedures.
· Responsible for system administration of Corporate Security owned databases and infrastructure (servers). Acts as a direct line of communication for IT partners and stakeholders to ensure data conduit to data bases.
· Facilitates onsite technical support and immediate response to all technical security systems including corrective maintenance actions.
· Coordinates directly with Security Client Relations manager to provide support for end users regarding investigations and SOC end users.
· Develops Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs and ensures execution of PM schedule to minimize corrective maintenance costs and down time to the Company.
· Assists in emergency management and contingency planning where security technologies and manpower resources provide valuable information, alarming and response.
· Manages security projects in partnership with the Workplace and Business Services team, including that new office builds and renovations are completed in a timely manner, within budget and in a workmanlike manner within industry standards.
· Fosters employee performance development by providing industry and company core training opportunities for staff, including contract security officers and off-duty police resources at the HQ campus.
· Manages all aspects of security access control and video management systems company-wide including system enhancement, maintenance, reporting, integration with other critical facility systems, policy development and implementation, programming and active management of individual access levels.
· Maintains knowledge and continuously evaluates latest security technologies to provide proactive security solutions while maintaining most recent versions are utilized by Department.
· Travels to company remote sites to manage the installation of third-party installations by general contractor and security integrators and ensure that Corporate Security BMPs and standards are met.
· Liaises with Crisis and Business continuity stakeholders to ensure highest level of resilience of all security systems and personnel in times of crisis or disasters.
· Develops, implements and maintains security awareness programs and initiatives within the organization (i.e., executive protection, travel security, event security) in partnership with Director, Corporate Security.
· Assists in the evaluation of data to execute in the completion and dissemination of intelligence reports and threat analysis to assist executive management team in decision making processes. Assists in identifying security threats, hazards, risks, and vulnerabilities to develop mitigating strategies to help counter any threat, while ensuring the security team maintains effective situational awareness.
· Embraces a proactive mindset and mission is in alignment with vision of Department and Company.
Supervises others: Yes
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Four-year degree, preferably in Criminal Justice or a related field. High school diploma and relevant experience in a military or para-military organization associated with security or law enforcement may be accepted in lieu of a college degree.
· Three to five years of experience supervising security staff for multi-location company is required.
· Five to seven years of experience supervising security staff in an environment of a 300,000 square feet high-rise office building or a campus style project, operating fire alarms, monitoring station activities such as alarms and subsequent acknowledgment, access control programming, and monitoring and operating CCTV systems is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
· Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP) or similar security certifications are preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Knowledge of access control systems and video management systems both on hardware and software end.
· Ability to analyze intelligence from a business risk perspective and formulate actionable communications and responses commensurate with potential business, employee and brand impacts in mind.
· Experience managing contract security services, both armed and unarmed personnel as well as business management associated with security service agreements and budgets. Ability to supervise, train and evaluate staff.
· Proficient in operating computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment in an array of situations, including to senior management.
· Ability to develop customer relations in a business environment.
· Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills necessary to effectively respond to situations involving individuals that are sensitive in nature and where there may be no past precedent on how to handle.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of personalities and in stressful, fast paced situations.
Travels: Yes, up to 25% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 15%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job