Population Health Registered Nurse
Population Health Registered Nurse
Phoenix AZ US 85018
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation’s largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with Chronic Kidney disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com.
Population Health Registered Nurse – AKDHC
The Population Health RN collaborates with all members of the health care team to coordinate and facilitate quality care for late-stage CKD and ESRD patients. The Care Navigator partners with the care team to improve the preparation of patients requiring Renal Replacement Therapy by ensuring each patient receives treatment options, modality education, early vascular access planning, and dialysis preparation when necessary. This RN also coordinates and monitors the assessment, treatment planning process, the follow-up for each patient, and serves as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of the patient’s rights and benefits by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Actively partner with Nephrologist and nephrology care team to participate in the assessment, evaluation, and planning of patient care, revising as necessary for CKD and ESRD population health management.
· Engages with patients and their families to provide education and support relative to the management of their disease and treatment options.
· Collaborates with patients, Nephrologist, and nephrology care team to identify potential barriers to achieve the plan of care goals, as well as, create solutions to overcome barriers to achieve goals.
· Identifies and communicates significant abnormalities in the patient data to appropriate team members who are responsible for the coordination of all patient services.
· Utilizes the appropriate charting format and documents accurately and timely with an understanding of the legal implications.
· Serves as a patient advocate, assessing care and ensuring that quality care is given.
· Communicates the patient plan of care with the physician, patient, and care team members. Remains aware of patient needs and changes in patient’s condition.
· Evaluates program processes and makes recommendations to management that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
· Partners with appropriate teams to provide, coordinate and integrate Treatment Options and Kidney Disease Education programs to reduce the incidence of acute ESRD onset and improve management of co-morbid diseases for patients starting Renal Replacement Therapy.
· Intervenes with patients and caregivers to ensure a successful transition into dialysis, including but not limited to receiving modality education, permanent access placement and adjusting to the demands of dialysis while maintaining patient identified quality of life
· Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Keeps supervisor informed on any patient issues, and overall opportunities for improvement.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
· Basic cardiac life support certification required.
· Valid, unrestricted RN license required.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job