Rotational Intern Technology
Rotational Intern Technology
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S. Our internship program was recognized as a Top 100 Internship Program for 2022 by Yello/WayUp.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Rotational Intern – Technology
We are currently seeking a Rotational Interns – Technology to join our team.
Works in rotation with various Innovative Technology Solutions teams to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software. In each rotation, responsible for applying the latest tools and technologies to develop and assist in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into hardware and software solutions, as well as assisting in the implementation and maintenance of these solutions and supporting systems integration testing and user acceptance testing.
Under much supervision and little decision-making:
- Learns the software development life cycle and technologies utilized to fulfill application development, support, and maintenance requests by participating in an agile team environment.
- Participates in software development training as assigned by development mentor.
- Works with the development team and assigned mentor to understand:
- scope definition process, work effort estimation,
- business requirements gathering process,
- technical documentation,
- unit testing approach and standards
- Works with the solution design team to learn the design standards and adheres to these design standards when performing assigned work.
- Works on application code assignments as assigned by mentor to aid in learning technologies and system functionality.
- Actively pursuing or has obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or a related field is required.
- GPA of 3.00 or higher preferred.
- Some level of programming skills in c# or c++.
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object-oriented programming, data structures, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills quickly.
- Energy and enthusiasm to be creative and deliver tangible results.
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity.
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and executive presence.
- Strategic and analytical thinking; demonstrate sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Personal commitment and drive to set and exceed high standards and objectives.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Exhibits leadership skills and works well in a collaborative environment.
- Proactive, can-do attitude and a desire to learn.
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient with computer applications and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job