There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services. Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
SENIOR IT AUDITOR
This position is responsible for performing professional internal auditing work with strong focus on technology processes, controls and systems. Work involves conducting audits for management to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and systems, and efficiency of operations. Provides consulting services to the organization’s management and staff and participates in the development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
• Conducts internal audits with strong focus on technology and information security controls, including
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance, Service Organization Reports (SOC) and other technology,
operational, compliance, or financial audits, as needed.
• Performs audit procedures including planning, sampling, developing test plans/work programs,
conducting interviews, documenting client processes and procedures, reviewing and analyzing
documents, preparing and maintaining organized work papers, and documenting results.
• Plans, organizes, and leads on-site audits.
• Evaluates key information security risks including confidentiality, integrity and availability of
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and makes recommendations concerning the areas
• Plans and performs follow-up activities with management on recommendations and conducts
additional testing, as needed.
• Participates in compiling results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral
presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
• Participates in preparation and updating of status reports for Board of Directors.
• Participates in interviews for annual risk assessment process.
• Participates in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and interpreting results of risk
assessment for the development of the annual audit plan.
• Administers and maintains SOX compliance and operational sites.
• Utilizes software and tools to sample and analyze data for operational audits.
• Develops and maintains professional client and staff relationships through individual contacts and
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training,
certifications, and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-
• Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
Supervises others: No
• Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
• Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisors and director.
• Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited
college or university is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience in internal audit with focus on IT audit or public accounting is
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Certification as a CIA, CPA, or CISA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing with focus on IT audit, accounting and
management preferred business principles and practices.
• Detailed understanding of IT terminology, common practices and managed processes, including
technology architecture, network security, system provisioning, configuration management,
performance monitoring, incident management, change management, user access management,
disaster recovery, etc.
• Knowledge of and skill in applying the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and
the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing, technology control and risk assessment related
frameworks (i.e. COSO).
• Knowledge of GAAP and current emerging topics.
• Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Experience in leading and participating in risk assessments and technology, financial, operational,
and compliance audits including Sarbanes Oxley and Service Organization Reports.
• Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while
meeting multiple deadlines while working on multiple activities.
• Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing
• Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including effective interviewing and active
listening skills including presenting findings and recommendations.
• Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and
other external contacts to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, process mapping, and other business
software to prepare reports, presentations, memos, summaries, and analyses.
• Experience with Web Focus, Lawson, Salesforce, and/or Hyperion a Plus.
• Experience with sampling software and data analysis tools such as IDEA a plus.
• Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment. Competent in correct
English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
Performs light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.