Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Facilities)
Are you ready to work in a dynamic, challenging, rewarding environment? Your best efforts will strengthen our company in measurable, recognized, and appreciated ways. We invite you to send us your information, and let’s talk about how we team so that our best efforts will help build your career.
If you are interested in working with great people on great projects, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary with an indication that you would like to join our team.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is seeking a full-time Senior Mechanical Engineer (Facilities) with 8 years minimum and 12+ years preferred experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or similar.
To thrive, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8 years minimum of experience designing mechanical HVAC systems for commercial buildings, health care, and federal projects.
- Must hold active PE License or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire, LEED accreditation a plus.
- General working knowledge of different mechanical systems; stay current on industry advancements, including best practices for applicability.
- Organization of workflows including data gathering, processing of paper documents, electronic documents, misc. information, documentation, publishing, filing/archiving, etc.
- Demonstrable experience and efficacy in work planning, conducting prioritization scheduling, and in supervision of related workflows by team members reporting to and/or assisting you with your department deliverables
- Experience with central plants, hydronic, steam/ VRF, and energy recovery systems.
- Working knowledge of building codes (IBC, IMC, IPC, IECC, etc.)
- Working familiarity with major industry standards (NFPA, ASHRAE, ASPE, ASHE, Various Agency standards, etc.)
- Proficient in Revit, building load and energy modeling software (OEI uses Trane Trace 700), Bluebeam, AutoCAD Plant 3D, and Microsoft Office fluency (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your responsibilities as the Sr. Engineer Mechanical will include:
- Serving as Professional Registered Engineer in Responsible Charge of the Work on Public and Private projects as assigned by management
- Proactively managing the engineering design process including preparing/publishing project information including contract drawings, specifications, supporting documentation, coordination information, calculations, technical reports, etc., design scopes, sub-design tasks, utilizing appropriate technologies and industry best practices
- Being responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases.
- Designing mechanical systems, air and waterside, and related controls.
- Supervising the installation of the designed systems and equipment.
- Preparing cost estimates, specifications, and design analyses.
- Attending client meetings and representing the mechanical interests of the firm.
OEI provides you with the best-in-class benefits:
If you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits, including:
- health insurance plan (8 to choose from)
- matching retirement account (OEI matches dollar-for-dollar up to 3% of salary)
- health care flexible spending account plan (FSA)
- health savings account (HSA) plan (OEI currently contributes $750 per year to employee-only HSA accounts and $1500 annual to all other HSA plans (Employee + Child/Children, Spousal, or Family)
- dental benefits
- vision benefits
- basic term life and personal accident insurance
- basic disability insurance
- adoption assistance program
- educational assistance program
- paid time off (Vacation, company holidays, and personal time)
- professional organization participation support
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is in North Texas, serving federal customers nationwide. As a multidiscipline A/E firm, OEI is dedicated to assisting our customers and meeting project needs. We believe in and practice in-office collaboration to develop excellent solutions, and we are relentlessly developing a corporate culture of continuous education, innovation, environmental responsibility, and design excellence.
Established in 1987, OEI offers a 36-year history that includes a long list of project successes and a wide range and depth of experience.
OEI is founded on five principles that we maintain and which our thriving team finds personal application in as well: continuous improvement, capacity and competency, ownership of the project (problem and solution), teamwork (we don’t succeed in a vacuum and we value and reward collaboration), and last but not least, ethical behavior (we serve our teammates, company, and customers with excellence).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job