Senior Safety Consultant
Senior Safety Consultant
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15222
There’s a reason Insperity is named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Senior Safety Consultant
We are currently seeking a Senior Safety Consultant to join our team to provide safety services for prospective, new, and existing clients. Provides professional and technical safety consulting services to a variety of clients, including more difficult or larger clients, which supplements existing safety programs. Surveys and analyzes potential problems of prospective clients as requested. Identifies, evaluates, and appraises conditions for clients experiencing loss problems and prepares suitable recommendations. Decision-making is extensive, guided by policy and objective, while focused on daily operations, with significant influence on sales and customer service.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
· Approves and/or assists in planning, implementing, administering, and coordinating loss prevention consultation including evaluating hazards, exposures and controls at existing client locations including full surveys, reviews, safety program structuring, and assisting clients with preparing safety manuals.
· Provides technical safety services to larger or more complex clients. This includes loss trending reports, executive summaries, and conducting meetings with management to improve workplace safety.
· Provides professional and technical safety consulting services to clients, which supplements existing safety programs.
· Coordinates with Risk Management, Pricing, and Review, and Safety Services performing inspection surveys on prospective accounts prior to approval, including reviewing and evaluating a variety of industrial, contracting, healthcare, wholesale and other moderate to high-risk business firms.
· Performs inspections of client locations to assist them in maintaining, improving and providing education in the proper safety activities for their industry.
· Identifies problem areas and evaluates and appraises conditions with clients who are experiencing loss problems or need assistance meeting regulatory compliance.
· Interfaces with other Insperity Departments in areas of employment issues that arise with client companies as well as outside parties such as Workers” Compensation claims adjusters and insurance company loss control personnel.
· Coordinates with management about special problems developing in safety areas.
· Documents and processes all safety services activity per department guidelines and provides timely and detailed information.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
· Eight or more years of experience in occupational safety or in a loss control position with insurance company and/or Major Corporation with emphasis on Workers” Compensation experience is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
· Applicable safety certification such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety industry designation is highly desirable and preferred.
· Valid driver’s license in State of residence with no more than two major violations and one chargeable accident in the last three years required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
· Ability to independently manage assignments to meet high standards for timeliness, quality consulting and production.
· Proficient in Windows applications and laptop use.
· Principles, practices, and procedures relating to Workers” Compensation, including local and national experience; principles, practices, and procedures of safety programs, including implementation, maintenance, review, and updating programs; principles, practices, and procedures of general business insurance; knowledge of OSHA compliance standards and rules including noise, air quality, testing, and chemical handling; ability to analyze and evaluate safety procedures of various industries and business firms to identify specific safety problem areas.
· Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings; methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems; methods and techniques of writing clear, concise reports; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
· Yes, up to 70% of the time
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $67,800-$74,860.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job