Server Applications Administrator – REMOTE
Server Applications Administrator – REMOTE
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Server Applications Administrator – Remote
We are currently seeking a Server Applications Administrator to join our team.
This position collaborates with network engineering, business applications, and database administration groups to develop long-term strategic goals, plans, roadmaps, and implement desktop and server systems that meet end-user requirements and corporate objectives. In addition, this position participates in capacity planning, strategy development and provides technical support and trouble shooting assistance on software application related issues.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Performs installation, configuration, administration, and tuning of software application products for the Company’s servers.
- Participates in and supports capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Collaborates with network engineering, business applications, and database administration groups to develop plans, roadmaps, and implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipates, identifies, mitigates, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalates incidents as necessary.
- Acts as subject matter expert on the Company’s server applications and infrastructure to application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Monitors and analyzes the performance of systems, servers, applications, networks, and input/output devices and makes recommendations for enhancements, upgrades or configuration changes to increase efficiency.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Participates in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for systems administration and appropriate use.
- Runs necessary system backups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
- Three to five years of work experience in a related field is required.
- Broad knowledge of software architecture and programming principles.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Extensive application support experience with web based applications.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Active Directory, database servers, and web servers.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong customer service orientation and skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job