Social Worker – Bilingual/Spanish
Social Worker – Bilingual/Spanish
Levittown New York
New Ground is a unique non-profit agency committed to helping clients break the cycle of homelessness and poverty through empowerment and education. The key to solving homelessness is not only to help those who are currently homeless, but also to prevent it in the future. We provide immediate assistance, resources, and long-term guidance to assist clients in building the skills necessary to lead independent, successful lives.
Our team approach utilizes specialists with expertise in social work and education to provide our intensive services to those in need. For more great company information, visit our website at www.newground.org
Social Worker – Bilingual English/Spanish
This fulltime Social Worker will provide assessment, guidance, emotional support, counseling, and resources to homeless families, individuals, and Veterans. Weekly LCSW supervision provided.
As a Social Worker you will:
- Maintain regular, frequent contact with caseload including weekly home, office or other offsite visits, phone calls, emails and more
- Provide clinically therapeutic assessments, insight, feedback and interventions in areas of concern
- Advocate for all family members in areas of social services, education, and more
- Provide motivation, encouragement and empowerment in areas necessary for clients to move toward achieving independence
- Assist caseload in drafting of short and long-term goals, and tracking progress in reaching these goals in a timely fashion
- Maintain strict documentation of all client contact, including monthly reviews of goals and progress, updating statistics while utilizing required agency forms and procedures
- Attend weekly meetings with social work team for reviewing cases and other program items, and determining action plans
- Work with the Associate Program Director on education advocacy issues for children in the program alongside parents in school settings
- Investigate resources for programs as needed and refer clients to appropriate organizations, maintaining a high level of knowledge of community resources for the population served
- Work independently from various locations in Nassau and Suffolk County as well as in office.
- Provide support and assistance to colleagues and the agency overall as needed.
To be successful, you should have:
- Must have a MSW and LMSW, or plans to secure the LMSW within 12 months of hire date
- Solid Internet experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong time management and organization skills required
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking or any other languages a plus
- Experience with homelessness, trauma and/or substance abuse a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success shows by our extensive benefits package including paid time off, 100%-employer covered medical, dental and vision benefits, a retirement plan with employer contribution, and more. Compensation ranges between $55,000-59,000 annually. Social Workers receive weekly supervision by a LCSW to meet NYS licensure requirements. New Ground works to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job