Commerce City Colorado
Our client designs, manufactures, and installs custom storage and handling equipment for heavy-duty applications exclusive to metal fabrication and distribution industries. They work closely with their customers to improve metal flow in their facility and optimize production efficiency.
Our client is seeking an Accountant to work for a small industrial manufacturing company in the Denver, CO metro area. Reporting to the company’s President, you will be a part of the management team, and your responsibilities will include:
· Perform month-end accounting close, including preparing, reviewing, and analyzing monthly financial statements according to GAAP.
· Perform monthly account reconciliations and detailed financial information analysis to ensure all general ledger accounts are accurate and adequately supported.
· Create journal entries to record appropriate accruals, prepaid amounts, depreciation, amortization, and other financial transactions.
· Prepares various financial, accounting, and management reports as required.
· Accurately record all banking transactions and customer payments in the general ledger and spreadsheets and reconcile bank accounts.
· Record vendor invoices into the ERP system, print checks, send checks to vendors and file copies of paid invoices and bills in accounts payable files.
· Issues customer invoices correctly and follows up on outstanding A/R.
· Continually evaluates costs, identifies inefficiencies, and streamlines business processes to improve efficiency and profitability.
· Record fixed assets in the depreciation and accounting software to ensure assets are properly tracked, maintained, and depreciated in the accounting records.
· Processes timesheets and payroll to ensure all personnel is paid accurately and timely.
· Prepares and submits sales tax reports to six municipalities.
· Perform other duties assigned related to the overall objectives of the position.
To be successful, you should have:
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience in a fabrication environment.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Exposure to continuous improvement projects/Lean efforts is a must.
- Experience leading Lean improvement projects or ongoing improvement projects is highly desirable.
- Ability to work within a team or independently as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word.
- Work extra hours as needed to fulfill duties.
- Periodic Travel.
- ERP experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Our clients value their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive annual compensation of $65k -$75k, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan with employer matching
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Paid holidays
- Workplace perks
- Other fantastic benefits
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
About Our Client:
Our client is a small, family-owned manufacturing company that has existed for over 45 years and is highly committed to its employees. The average tenure in the company is 12 years, and that’s only because they have recently hired a few new employees. Many of their employees in the company have been with the company for 20+ years. They pride themselves on providing employees with an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, bonuses, and a great work environment. One of their key mottos is “Family First,” as they believe it is essential for employees to have a balance between work, family, and their personal lives. They offer flexible hours and a relaxed team environment where people often wear many hats, but everyone pitches in to help each other. Big egos, political maneuvering, and rigid organizational structures are not part of their culture. Rather, cheerful, thoughtful, considerate, and professional are more critical values in their culture. If this is the culture you want, please apply today!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job