Systems Engineer – REMOTE
Systems Engineer – REMOTE
Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Systems Engineer – Remote
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team.
This position is responsible for packaging, integrating and maintaining infrastructure components onto servers. Supports assigned Operations Support Teams utilizing various server platforms. Interacts with the entire infrastructure to maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and provide recovery for server based systems. Ensures that standards are maintained across all platforms and environments, and participates in project-based activity to develop and deliver changes to the server-based environment.
- Supports, configures, installs, maintains and recovers Microsoft server operating systems, BackOffice applications and server hardware.
- Provides backups and recoverability of servers, software, applications and data.
- Maintains knowledge of software development processes, works extensively with development staff (all applications), and assists in resolution of hardware/software platform problems in complex, layered, client/server-based software.
- Tunes and validates systems, troubleshooting and resolving problems and outages.
- Frequently interacts with third-party technology vendors and internal employees.
- Ensures that all infrastructure components are consistent with respect to one another (i.e. a complete release).
- Maintains documentation for all supported systems.
- Maintains company and departmental standards and guidelines.
- Maintains projects to monitor progress and communicate action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related discipline required; equivalent experience is acceptable.
- At least one year of in-depth experience with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, in-depth experience in the technical support of BackOffice systems and in-depth experience in technical infrastructure and operations support environments is required. One to five years experience is preferred.
- Technical Certifications including MCP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP and F5.
- Experience with the following systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 Standard/Advanced/Enterprise.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010.
- HP ProLiant Servers, HP BladeSystems
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory.
- VMware vSphere / ESX Server.
- Comprehensive understanding of the application development process.
- Experience in developing and supporting a wide range of BackOffice software.
- In-depth understanding of system performance configuration and tuning techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Insperity provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $80,000.00- $110,000.00.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job