Washington D.C. Washington 20005
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice, is seeking a full-time Technical Writer for TRAIN, its proprietary Learning Management System (LMS). TRAIN provides thousands of quality training opportunities to more than 4 million professionals who protect and improve the public’s health.
As the Technical Writer, you will fill a key role on our Product Development team. Our library of user guides is small and out of date. We need you to overhaul what exists by working with an external design company to create fresh templates, creative copy, and short video tutorials for multiple audiences. Once the overhaul is complete, you will continue to add to the library and keep existing user guides and videos up to date through consistent curation. You will collaborate with the Engagement Team to identify the most critical gaps in our onboarding and training content and create the necessary technical documentation and support materials. Additionally, you will also create system documentation of a more technical nature for specific projects. This role reports to the TRAIN Project Manager.
Your responsibilities as the Technical Writer will include:
- Leading the overhaul of existing user guides and video tutorials in 2023
- Creating and maintaining a full library of user guides for multiple audiences
- Completing or managing the updates to video tutorials
- Assisting with the creation of onboarding and training materials
- Creating and maintaining system/technical documentation for specific projects and programs
- Performing other duties and contributing to ad hoc projects
You will be great for this role if:
- You enjoy writing and creating content for a variety of audiences
- You understand the value of clearly written, plain language learning resources
- You collaborate with openness and enthusiasm
- You work well on your own and understand when to engage with others for assistance
- You love being part of a successful team of individual contributors
- You embrace the concept of continuous improvement
- You seek new, innovative ways to engage learners
To be successful, you should have:
- College degree or professional training in English, Business Writing, Technical Writing, Adult Learning, or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of content writing or technical writing experience
- Experience leading writing projects from inception to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammatical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with competing priorities
You will bring added value to the role if you have:
- Instructional Design experience
- Video content creation experience, including script writing and video editing
- Previous project experience related to websites or learning management systems
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Atlassian Suite, SharePoint, and Zoom
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job