Lino Lakes/Maplewood Minnesota
Universal Banker / Teller
Our client was established in 1953 to assist members’ financial needs in a credit cooperative. Their mission is to build trusted relationships and strong financial futures for their members. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school, or volunteers in Anoka, Hennepin, Ramsey, or Washington Counties of Minnesota. They play an active role in supporting those communities through volunteerism and financial education. They offer everything from home-buying seminars to loan and deposit products, to investment services, to free financial advice to our members.
They are service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills and great attitudes and are adaptable to a changing environment. They hold to the adage “hire for attitude and train for skill.” Their philosophy is member-centric — loyal members are the key to their success. Founded on the credit union motto of “people helping people,” they look for candidates who want to make a difference. They have the tools and training for the right individuals to live their member-centric philosophy — to build trusting relationships and strong financial futures.
Our client immediately needs a Universal Banker/Teller at their Maplewood and Lino Lakes branches. Pay is $18-$20 per hour and new hires will receive a $500.00 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment.
As the Universal Banker/Teller, you will assist the members in executing financial transactions in a timely and friendly manner. In addition, once trained, you will open accounts and assist the loan department as needed to support the credit union’s strategic goals. You will work in the Maplewood branch and work Saturday rotations at the Lino Lakes branch, as business needs dictate.
To be successful, you should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of banking or credit union experience
- 1 year of continuous employment at the same place
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to better support member’s financial needs and growth
- Ability to meet sales and service expectations
- Proven sales experience and an understanding of account opening
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a busy environment while maintaining a courteous demeanor.
- Willingness and flexibility to work out of our Lino Lakes branch as the company needs dictate
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Lending and FSP core system experience is a plus but is not required.
At SMW, we emphasize the importance of teamwork, an ongoing commitment to learning and training, and a positive work environment. Employees receive generous and comprehensive benefits packages which include:
- 401(k) with matching
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account and health savings account
- Traditional and High Deductible health plan options are available, including no-cost plans.
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Federal Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Education and training opportunities
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job