Vice President, Commercial Lending
Vice President, Commercial Lending
Detroit Michigan 48202
Vice President, Commercial Lending – Detroit Region
At Liberty Bank, we”re passionate about helping more people achieve more freedom. There”s real freedom here – the freedom you have as an individual to attain your goals, as a business to achieve your idea of success or even as a community that is gathering strength to reach its full potential. By investing in the development of personal goals, business objectives and communities, we”re making a difference by using our resources to get things done.
We work hard. Play hard. Invest where our heart lives. And pursue freedom for all.
At Liberty Bank and Trust, you”ll find that there”s freedom here – for our customers and for you.
If you are passionate about impacting the lives of others and understand that your success has a positive effect on the company”s bottom line, and the communities we serve then please apply today to join our winning team!
The Vice President of Commercial Lending is responsible for maintaining and growing the Bank”s commercial loan portfolio based upon annually defined goals. The primary duties of this position are to provide a full range of banking services to business entities with an emphasis on client contact, sales, and service. Incumbent will operate with various degrees of authority and specialization.
- Sale and administration of all banking services to include loans, deposits, cash management, etc. to all commercial clients within assigned branches and/or territory.
- Initiates sales calls with current and potential clients through personal calling efforts, branch referrals, and other means to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the Bank can serve those needs.
- Develops an annual marketing plan approved by the President of the Detroit
- Underwriting, proper analysis, and approval, through authority or LBT approval system. Resolves loan exceptions, e.g. outdated financial statements, expired insurance policy, missing loan document(s), etc.
- Booking new and renewing loans, processing incoming and outgoing wires, draw requests, and loan payments. Collects and processes fees and opens and closes deposit accounts.
- Monitors and reports credit deterioration or other weaknesses uncovered in assigned or generated commercial loan portfolio.
- Supervises the business development program in assigned branches and/or territory and prepares a pipeline report monthly which discloses banking products sold, potential prospects, and referrals received and/or given. Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank”s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Makes recommendations for risk rating changes and initiates action to transfer identified problem credits to the Special Assets Department in a timely manner.
- Drafts commitment letters, if required, for loans approved by Credit Committee and/or Board of Directors within two days of receipt of final approval. Mails out adverse action or withdrawal letters in a timely fashion and maintains files on those applicants.
- Maintains file on assigned and generated clients. Ensures files are updated with new information and routinely purged of outdated information.
- Logs onto Navigator or other Bank systems to gather information necessary to resolve customer problems.
- Performs collection and monitoring function to reduce risk and delinquency. Proactively monitors loans to prevent non-performing status. Assists Collection Department to collect past due Commercial loans when necessary.
- Performs all other tasks assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or an MBA with five or more years prior commercial lending experience or equivalent bank related experience.
- Completion of formal credit analysis training is a plus.
- Perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily and grow and maintain a commercial loan portfolio of $15 – 20 million.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and Premier II software programs.
- Proactive approach to job responsibilities and display a professional and positive image in all situations.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, cross-selling, and customer service skills. The ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with demanding clients is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
As you might expect, we value every member of our team. That”s why we offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package including:
- PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K and match
- EAP/Health and Welfare Assistance
- Training and Development
- Online Marketplace* discounts on a variety of goods and services
- Leadership Development
- ERG/ Ambassador Group
- Free and reduced rate bank services
We do our best to make sure Liberty Bank and Trust is an incredible place not just to work but to build a career. We want you to learn, grow and share in the success you help create. Within the company there is also future opportunity for growth.
We”re ready to talk about what”s next and if you are too, please apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job