Vice President, Corporate HR Operations
Vice President, Corporate HR Operations
Houston Texas 77001
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services. Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Vice President, Corporate HR Operations
Senior leadership position responsible for overseeing the design, ongoing development and governance of Corporate HR Operations strategies including total rewards and internal HR information systems to support the achievement of employee acquisition and retention. In accordance with the Company’s values and culture, accountable for driving collaboration and alignment of initiatives to support the Company’s strategic business and talent growth plans.
- Through team leadership, collaborative relationships, and a strong sense of financial and business acumen, works with Corporate HR department and senior leaders across the company to connect Total Rewards & HR technology and information systems to Insperity’s broader business and people strategies.
- Identify technology and system enhancements that support a growing company. Develop a proposed plan for identifying and implementing applications and systems to enhance our data-driven capabilities and decision-making.
- Leads the strategy, design, and governance of the Company’s Corporate HR Operations team to support process improvement and meet the changing internal and external conditions across all Corporate HR business and technology functions and workflows.
- Serves as a key consultative business partner, change agent, and thought leader that provides innovative and scalable strategies to improve operational effectiveness of the organization’s people management systems, processes and programs associated with the attraction, performance, and retention of employees. Programs include but may not be limited to total rewards, compensation, people management processes, analytics, and information systems.
- Drives development, communication, and awareness of programs across the enterprise to ensure collaboration, mutual understanding, and support of all aspects of the Corporate HR Operations strategy. Delivers insights to enable continued program improvements to senior leadership and presents meaningful updates to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to leverage knowledge of market conditions and competitive talent landscape to design and proactively scale total rewards and compensation models across different geographic and employee segments that balance the Company’s philosophies with the needs and expectations of business units in attracting and retaining talent. Educates the organization on respective competitive positioning and program effectiveness.
- Accountable for the strategy, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s compensation programs, including directing job evaluation and compensation surveys, salary structures, annual merit and bonus program, career paths and developing salary budgets. Drives a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics.
- Collaborates with Finance on annual compensation planning, workforce planning and budget process.
- Supports Strategic Development in analysis of acquisition, merger and/or divestiture opportunities.
- Develops tools that can be used by recruiters, candidates, and employees to effectively communicate and understand all aspects of the Company’s total rewards package, to include career paths and internal mobility.
- Oversees growth and development of Corporate HR Operations team and daily operations, ensuring that all team members are supported in managing change as the company scales and are provided with clear expectations and held accountable to achieve their goals and perform their jobs.
- Contributes to the development of the Employer Brand messaging related to total rewards, compensation, and performance. Represents the company externally to build the employer brand.
- Oversees data integrity and compliance activities to ensure that measures, programs, and reporting are in place to meet federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintains knowledge, subject matter expertise and thought leadership while keeping a point of view on trends and best practices in areas of total rewards, compensation, human resources information systems, workforce planning and employee experience.
- Aspires to and practices the Corporate HR department mission to engage strategically with leaders and employees to serve the company culture, grow the business and make a difference in our communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field is required.
- Fifteen or more years of relevant experience is required. Ten+ years in total rewards, human resources operations, compensation, finance and/or human resources information systems is preferred.
- Experience in the PEO industry is preferable.
- Demonstrated success aligning total rewards, compensation and human resources technology system strategies with critical talent acquisition, retention, and business strategies, creating effective employee performance opportunities.
- In depth domain knowledge in job evaluation, job architecture, market pricing, benchmarking, salary structure design and development, pay for performance and incentive compensation.
- Track record of driving change and business transformation in large scale execution; comfortable with the ambiguity this brings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including ability to assess a situation by gathering facts and evaluating data.
- Knowledge of domestic labor legislation and employment practices
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in a collaborative and consensus-based environment.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
- A growth mindset, maintaining knowledge of the latest trends and research with the experience and ability to create actionable plans and test new strategies. Committed to personal and professional development and the development of team members.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing structures and priorities, possessing a bias towards action and testing with an analytical and critical approach.
- A systems thinker with the experience and ability to build and iterate on processes and policies to scale excellence.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Leading and managing in a remote environment.
- Ability to utilize effective communication methods and techniques for presentations with senior management as well as other diverse constituent groups.
If yes, up to 20% of time
What percent of time is this position required to drive a vehicle (other than Company issued) for business purposes? 10%
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job