Virtual Family Resource Coordinator
Virtual Family Resource Coordinator
INDIANAPOLIS Indiana 46226-1346
VISION: Utilizing research-based virtual platforms, IDOE-aligned academic standards, and meaningful partnerships, we will prepare today”s learners for tomorrow”s ever-changing career and academic opportunities.
MISSION: The mission of the Hoosier College and Career Academy is to provide personalized, virtual learning opportunities to all Indiana students regardless of circumstances and abilities.
The Family Resource Coordinator helps families in situations of crisis, abuse, and neglect, in addition to supporting other areas of social-emotional needs affecting academics. The position responds to issues directly, through facilitating meetings and/or by coordinating services with outside parties such as Child Protective Services (CPS), the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), and other community-based organizations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Maintains a caseload of students/families referred to Family Academic Support Team for multifaceted student and family issues and provides immediate support.
- Provides brief assessments to develop an action plan with students and families.
- Facilitates family intervention meetings with families in crisis or with multi-dimensional needs.
- Serves as point-of-contact for teachers and administration for families in crisis; follows up with families by phone or in person, coordinating with external agencies (e.g. Department of Family & Children Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, community service agencies.) as needed;
- Facilitates character education programming and other trainings for the faculty and greater school community, as needed.
- Maintains an active role and awareness of current community resources within school boundaries, through attending meetings and/or networking events.
- Coordinates referrals and leads team discussions regarding students needing additional supports. Ensures appropriate documentation and follow-up occurs.
- Works with third parties to provide additional services to students.
- Maintains a database of local resources available in each county and virtually.
- Serves as the McKinney-Vento Liaison for the school.
This is a full-time position. The person in this role must have the ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during the workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master”s degree in social work or related social service field AND One (1) year of documented social work field experience AND
- Social work education course work, to include Human Behavior in the Social Environment equivalent
- Certificates and Licenses: State social work credential in good standing (if applicable).
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Ability to pass a required background check
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork and Dedication: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere, attention to detail
- Three (3) years of field experience
- Indiana School Social Worker License
- Background working in education
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position with some travel time required as determined by the needs of the business and/or direct supervisor.
In return for your hard work, Hoosier College and Career Academy offers an attractive combination of salary and outstanding benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education level. HCCA will contribute 6% to your INPRS retirement OR contribute 7 % to a 403B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job