Water Resources Professional Engineer
Water Resources Professional Engineer
Water Resources Professional Engineer/Project Manager
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) was founded nearly 35 years ago in Dallas, TX, as a water resources engineering company offering engineering services in the Municipal, Land Development, Industrial, and Private Market Sectors. Today, our service offering includes Project Programming and Project Management; Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineering Services, Architectural Design; Land Title Research; and GIS Mapping. Service Vertical Contracts and Project Types now include Federal, Healthcare, Military, Institutional, and Real Estate Development.
OEI is honored to be awarded the National Society of American Military Engineers’ Robert Flowers Small Business of the Year for 2020.
We are ready to see your best efforts count!
Are you ready to work in a dynamic, challenging, rewarding environment? We invite you to send us your information and let’s visit about how we team in a way that our best efforts will help build your career, and your best efforts will strengthen our company in ways that are measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
We want to visit with you if you meet or exceed our stated qualifications and have the required level of experience. If you are interested in working with great people on great projects, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary with an indication that you would like to join our team.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) seeks a full-time Water Resources Professional Engineer/Project Manager.
As a successful candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (Water Resources focus, preferred).
- A graduate water resources degree is a plus.
- 10 plus years experience in civil engineering.
- 5 plus years in water resources projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas (or license in another state with the ability and commitment to obtain a Texas license within 12 months
Primary Function: Manage civil engineering projects primarily water resources focused, including civil design, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling, and analysis, and may include surveying, environmental permitting, structural and other disciplines. Project scoping and proposal preparation; invoicing, budgeting, scheduling, managing project communication and documentation; presenting proposals, analysis, and solutions to clients, agencies, stakeholders, and regulators.
Familiarity with modeling using various H&H and hydrodynamic models and model development and mapping software is necessary; proficiency with such modeling and mapping is a plus.
Ability to conceptualize, scope, and manage a variety of drainage and flood-related projects, including master flood studies, master drainage studies, comprehensive watershed studies, bank stabilization design, storm drainage remediation design, hydraulic design of bridges, culverts, channels, flumes, energy dissipation design, dam rehabilitation design a plus.
Knowledge of and experience with permitting various projects through agencies such as USACE, FEMA, TCEQ, EPA, and municipalities for projects that may include map revisions, floodplain alterations, corridor development certificates, dam safety, section 404, EISA 438 compliance, and water rights. The position involves providing direction and assisting in mentoring junior staff.
- Developing project scope. Manage simple and complex project delivery.
- Directing and managing sub-consultants. Supervises: Using ArcGIS and related tools to compile and individualize maps for each project.
- Collecting data through various databases for use in determining model parameters. Preparing hydrologic, hydraulic, hydrodynamic, and 2D models.
- Prepares watershed mapping and inundation mapping.
- Preparing and presenting project presentations to clients and other external groups to support project objectives and deliverables.
- Preparing reports and directing staff in preparing graphics for reports.
- Preparing submittals for permit applications and communicating with agencies to address requests for information and clarifications.
- Directs junior technical staff.
- Performs such other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
OEI provides you with the best-in-class benefits:
If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers a competitive salary of $90,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year and benefits including:
· 401(k) matching
· Dental Insurance
· Flexible schedule
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Parental leave
· Professional development assistance
· Referral program
· Retirement plan
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vision insurance
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development.
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
Our foundations at O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) include ethical behavior, competence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of project, problem, solution).
Founded in 1987, O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a well-established multidiscipline professional architecture and engineering firm, with strengths in real estate support, in North Texas, serving federal, municipal, and private customers regionally and nationwide. We have a diverse mix of A/E projects and an equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Our engineering services project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, modeling, designs of new and existing facilities, and facility condition assessments. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities as well as team-building fun activities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
We are an equal-opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Share This Job