Kingwood TX US 77339
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Does this describe you?
- Are you passionate about creating remarkable software that is a pleasure to use?
- After years of writing code, you still have excitement doing it.
- You have a solid grasp of the WordPress codebase, understand its quirks and faults but still love it anyway.
- You’ve internalized WordPress code standards, but you use linters because you know nobody is perfect.
- You consider yourself a strong team player with great communication skills and you enjoy working on an agile team.
- Your automated tests have saved your team from a disaster on more than one occasion.
- You know you have a responsibility to write accessible and inclusive code and you strongly believe that accessibility is about more than just regulatory compliance.
- You think about the security implications of your code, and escaping and sanitizing are second-nature to you.
- You’re comfortable with all layers of technology that are required to build and run a modern complex WordPress plugin. However, you know where your strengths lie, and you still get excited by the idea of learning whatever comes next.
We are currently seeking a Web Developer to join our team.
This position is responsible for participating in the development of market-driven, web-based software solutions.
- Develops moderately complex architecture and system design in multi-tiered and distributed environment based on business needs.
- Assists in scope definitions and develops accurate level-of-effort estimations.
- Provides input into design, development, integration testing and release of the final product.
- Participates with cross-functional team members in the analysis of business-process/information flow and the creation of appropriate applications model.
- Participates in front-end development as needed.
- Provides “programmer level” documentation as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required.
- Two or more years of web development are required.
- Two or more years of solid PHP development are required.
- Ability to work in a small-team autonomous environment.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Knowledge and proven experience creating WordPress themes and templates.
- Extensive knowledge and use of WordPress plugins.
- Knowledge of APIs and developing using APIs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop accessible websites (W3C WAI Guidelines, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge about the Internet, SQL server platform, Oracle databases, Web programming and open source technologies, as well as software design programs, such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application development to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation.
- Aptitude to complete complex assignments, analyze problems and generate effective solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Share This Job